Easiest Ever Plant Stand

Let me first say that I do not have a green thumb…but I do love plants! And I like the way plants add color and texture to our front porch. So one of the projects for our front porch are plant stands for the plants that have the willpower to survive my planting skills. This is the easiest DIY plant stand to make…anyone can make it!
easiest ever plant stand, gardening
This is a great scrap wood project. First cut all your boards – each board is cut exactly the same length. If you plan to paint your plant stand, now is the time to do it.
easiest ever plant stand, gardening
Next lay two pieces parallel then put wood glue on the ends of each of these boards. Place a piece of wood on top of each end of these two pieces of wood. Secure each corner with two galvanized nails. Keep the nails at least 3/4 inches from the end to keep it from splitting the wood. Use a small clamp to make sure the wood doesn’t slip while your nailing the wood (the glue will make it slippery).
easiest ever plant stand, gardening
Then all you do is layer the boards alternating between sides (see pictures on http://www.wespeakdiy.com). When you’ve made your plant stand the height you want, fill in the top with boards, spacing them evenly.
It’s hard describing how to put this together but it’s really easy. After your plant stand is assembled, let the glue dry a few hours.
easiest ever plant stand, gardening
That’s it…you’re done! You can add furniture glides or even casters if the plant stands will be holding really heavy plants.
For more detailed instructions and other scrap wood projects, visit www.wespeakdiy.com

• Wood  (Scrap Wood)
  • Nails
  • Wood Glue
Teresa - We Speak DIY

• Nanette

Very nice! What type of plant is that?
    • Teresa - We Speak DIY

Thanks Nanette! These are Impatiens. I picked them up at HD. They were only supposed to last one year since they are annuals but mine have already lasted for two years and they show no sign of dying. Of course, I live in Arizona, so they haven't been below freezing. They get really pretty white, red and blue blooms.

• Brenda S.

Looks amazing!! I have to make this!

• Ret Grant

This type of wood stand is also great for setting hot pots on. One is hanging in my kitchen and comes down when I use the big pots for boiling and don't want to set them on the counter.