Book Pages Gold Polka Dot Pumpkin

Dollar store pumpkins are great for decorating and adding some style to your Thanksgiving/Fall decor.
I really love the look of old book pages, because it gives a vintage/rustic look. I thought the gold polka dots added a nice touch as well.
Here is how the pumpkin started.
book pages gold polka dot pumpkin, crafts, decoupage, home decor, outdoor living, pallet, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
First I painted the stem with gold acrylic paint. Then I took an old book I got from a thrift store, tore several pages from it and and cut it into several strips. Make sure your book is tall enough to cover the height of the pumpkin.
Then I grabbed some glue and a sponge applicator.
I applied glue to the pumpkin and adhered one layer of strips of the book pages to the pumpkin in a vertical pattern.
Then I added another layer to fill in the gaps from the first layer.
Once the entire pumpkin was covered in book pages I applied Mod Podge over the book pages to help protect and seal them in place better.
Then I used gold acrylic paint, a pouncer and a flat ended round paint brush to randomly apply small and large sized gold dots all over the book pages.
To see a couple other fall/Thanksgiving projects on the cheap please check out,
Fall Banner Made From Book Pages and
Thrift Store Tin Plate Upcycle for Fall and Thanksgiving Decorating
Hope your enjoying the fall and color change,
Tiffany

• Dollar store pumpkin
  • Book pages
  • Acrylic gold paint

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

1 comment
  • Hassette

I love this! I have been trying to decide what to do with some terra cotta pots and I think I will steal this idea. Thanks!!!