DIY Trash Can Compost Bin

$20

Composting is a great way to reduce the amount of waste that goes into trash fills each day and it makes the highest quality of soil in which you can use to nourish your growing garden (no matter how big or small!). I put off starting a compost bin for 2 years because I thought it would be difficult and expensive.
Lo and behold, this DIY trash can compost bin is the total opposite! Using tools you most likely already have on hand, this DIY project takes 10 minutes... flat. Read on the link to see the complete tutorial and my secret to creating compost, fast. --> http://www.healthyrootshappysoul.com/diy-trash-can-compost-bin
First you'll want to drill holes in the bottom of the trash can. The more holes, the better aeration.
Second, you'll want to drill holes along the "sides" of the trash can (I know, round things don't have sides). I did about 4-5 rows around the trash can.
Drill a few holes on the top as well.
This is a better glimpse of what your holes should look like when you've completed them all.
There you have it! A simple, quick DIY compost bin! You can secure the top of the bin with bungee cords and roll it on it's side OR you can take a shovel and mix it every few days to get things moving along.

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Healthy Roots, Happy Soul

• Barb Neumann

do you roll to mix the waste? How do you keep the lid on?

• Connie

How do you keep fire ants out and how do you keep it turned or mixed?
    Every time I try a compost the fire ants take it over.
    • Catherine Smith

Do you have picture of the door area? Having a tough time visualizing what that looks like. If banana peals are taking too long your pile is not hot enough. Add more things like grass, and mix well.

• Marilyn

I will definitely do this Project - I bought a tumbling composter and it took me 4 hours to assemble -- instruction stated 'can be assembled in 30 minutes' NOT --- this Project I am sure will be much less expensive and work just as well. Thank you for this great idea. Marilyn

• Gabrielle Falk

I also purchased a tumbling compost bin on a stand. Even before it was half-way full of scraps, it was so heavy that I could not turn it around. Gave it away.

• Peachez

This is brilliant! I had been thinking about getting a tumbling compost bin (thank goodness I didn't after reading the above comments!) so this garbage can is perfect!! I also found simple latches that can be attached to the lid/base so that I don't have to worry about the bungee cord when rolling! Thanks again for this idea.