DIY Trash Can Compost Bin

$20

Composting is a great way to reduce the amount of waste that goes into trash fills each day and it makes the highest quality of soil in which you can use to nourish your growing garden (no matter how big or small!). I put off starting a compost bin for 2 years because I thought it would be difficult and expensive.
Lo and behold, this DIY trash can compost bin is the total opposite! Using tools you most
diy trash can compost bin, composting, gardening, go green
diy trash can compost bin, composting, gardening, go green, First you ll want to drill holes in the bottom of the trash can The more holes the better aeration
First you'll want to drill holes in the bottom of the trash can. The more holes, the better aeration.
diy trash can compost bin, composting, gardening, go green, Second you ll want to drill holes along the sides of the trash can I know round things don t have sides I did about 4 5 rows around the trash can
Second, you'll want to drill holes along the "sides" of the trash can (I know, round things don't have sides). I did about 4-5 rows around the trash can.
diy trash can compost bin, composting, gardening, go green, Drill a few holes on the top as well
Drill a few holes on the top as well.
diy trash can compost bin, composting, gardening, go green, This is a better glimpse of what your holes should look like when you ve completed them all
This is a better glimpse of what your holes should look like when you've completed them all.
diy trash can compost bin, composting, gardening, go green, There you have it A simple quick DIY compost bin You can secure the top of the bin with bungee cords and roll it on it s side OR you can take a shovel and mix it every few days to get things moving along
There you have it! A simple, quick DIY compost bin! You can secure the top of the bin with bungee cords and roll it on it's side OR you can take a shovel and mix it every few days to get things moving along.
Healthy Roots, Happy Soul

• Barb Neumann

do you roll to mix the waste? How do you keep the lid on?

• Stu15795860

How do you keep fire ants out and how do you keep it turned or mixed?
    Every time I try a compost the fire ants take it over.

• Colleen Brown

I get dirt out of a door on the side of my bin! What do you do to get dirt out!!! Also hint to others banana peals take forever to decompose!