Katie Wallace
Katie Wallace
  • Hayden, ID

Stunningly Beautiful Modernized Rose Chandelier

$100

One of my favorite things is finding something broken and discarded and making it beautiful. I discovered an old chandelier in need of lots of love. At first glance I thought it was fairly busy and unattractive, but the metal roses and leaves particularly caught my eye. I decided to buy it and give it a quick spray paint makeover. I shocked by how beautifully my re-purposed chandelier turned out, it will be a gorgeous focal point in my kitchen and dining room for years to come.
stunningly beautiful modernized rose chandelier
To update the look of this metal rose chandelier, I started by removing the tear drop light bulbs. Not my style.
I then gave the whole chandelier a coat of mint green spray paint. I protected the metal roses by putting cones of paper around them, and then sprayed away.
It took 2-3 coats of green spray paint to entirely cover all the details of this metal chandelier.
Next I painted the roses a warm pink color. The pink paint is a gorgeous contrast against the mint green chandelier structure. Finally, I added some color variation by conservatively brushing on a slightly darker green paint onto some of the leaves. I installed round bulbs as a modern finishing touch.
This modern rose chandelier has been in my kitchen for more than a year and I still love it. It matches the cheerful green accent wall in my kitchen and the pink coordinates with some of the other accent color palettes in my home. I hope you are inspired by my re-purposed metal rose chandelier makeover! I'm sure some may have preferred the original style, but my updated chandelier colors much better fits the decorating style of my home.

• Spray Paint  (Walmart)
  • Metal Chandelier  (Restore - Habitat for Humanity)

Katie Wallace

• Hillela G.

I love those flowers! So elegant!

• Katie Wallace

Thank you for the feedback! We've used this chandelier in two houses now and I still love it! Repurposing home decor is so much fun.