The Wicker Woes - Re-purpose That Ugly Thing!

$6.00

Wicker isn't popular any more and you will find wicker everything out in garage sales for just a dollar or two.

I bought this one at a garage sale for $2 this summer.
the wicker woes re purpose that ugly thing , painted furniture, painting, repurposing upcycling
I painted and glazed it with Rustoleum spray paint and Wise Owl black glaze. It was pretty simple, really. Spray, brush on the glaze and you're done.
I did a quick spray of Rustoleum clear topcoat just to be sure it would stay put. I tend to be hard on my things, so this was just a precaution.
To upcycle, redesign or re-purpose something that is destined for the trash is a huge save. We need to do it more often rather than just going out and buying new.
I had recently bought a baker's rack that had a little shelf that I hooked right on this cart. It fit perfectly. To see more, go to the site, Love My DIY Home, at the link below:

• Rustoleum spray paint  (Walmart)
  • Black Glaze  (WiseOwlPaint.com)

Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}

• Zanne Goldwire

Came out nice but what did you use for the feet? I didn't see them originally in the previous state.

• Fra22350876

did you put a tray of os some kind in the bottom of the top area? it lookslike item s are standing up? not the little rack hooked on the side.
  • Gwyn Brown

I have two bamboo chairs. I'd like to paint them, but I'm afraid the paint won't stick. What do I do, to ready the bamboo?

• Bamboo does have a slick surface. I'd try the spray paint first in a small area to test it out. See if it adheres. There is a product called STIX bonding primer that you could use if it doesn't. I'd sand it as much as possible to give it tooth before doing anything.