Terra Cotta Thanksgiving Place Card Hats

$2

I’m a huge Thanksgiving fan. There's just something about having all my family get together while the Turkey is cooking in the oven, the Macy's Day Parade is on in the background, and we're all setting the table together. This year I thought I'd bring something new to the table (decor wise, not cooking wise). I found out how to make these adorable pilgrim hat place cards, and I think I'm going to use them again and again every year.

Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
I used terra cotta pots, chalkboard spray paint, black paper, ribbon, craft glue, and gold stickers. These stickers I found in the scrapbooking department. They are meant to be little frames to put around pictures, but the smaller sizes work amazingly well as buckles.

Step 2: Spray Paint the Pots
Spray paint your pots. I used chalkboard paint so that I could erase the names and reuse them. You can also use black paint if you don’t want to be able to erase the names.

Step 3: Add Ribbons
I wrapped the ribbon around the pot and cut it to size. I liked cutting it at an angle because I think it made the hats look classier.
Step 4: Add “Buckle” Stickers
Then I used the sticker to secure the ribbons in place. I made sure that the sticker was touching the pot on top and below of every ribbon
Then I used my daughters chalk to write names on it. If I had chalk markers with thin tips in the house I probably would have used those to write in a much neater hand. After this project, I have much more appreciation for my teachers who wrote so neatly on the board using regular size chalk.
Look how much they add to my table, and I can save them for every year! I can't wait to set these out at my Thanksgiving table this year.