Make a Basket Out of Wine Corks

Make a beautiful basket from your left over wine corks. This is a quick and easy project will enhance your decor.
This is so cute and easy and all you need are some wine corks, hot glue, ribbon, and flowers.
Gather your corks and start to assemble them. Try to get them all about the same size, it will make the basket look better.
Then start hot gluing them together. Hold the pieces together for a few seconds to make sure they stick, but the hot glue should be strong enough to hold it together.
I did 2 rows of 5 for the bottom of the basket and 24 vertical corks for the sides. And I stacked the sides 2 corks tall.
Once I was gluing all the corks together I thought it looked a little plain so I added a ribbon and a flower to jazz it up.
That is it, now it is perfect to put on display!

• Wine corks  (ebay, or what you have on hand)
  • Hot glue  (craft store)
  • Ribbon  (craft store)

Linda

• Chalky-Cheek

So cute! I am always looking for ideas to use up corks....thanks for the idea!

• Jaci

I've tried hot glue on cork projects and it didn't hold well for me. Any other glue suggestions for cork?

• Linda

Hi! I had to use a lot of hot glue and really hold it in place while it cools, the problem with corks is that they slope (not square) so you have to line them up carefully. After I was done I added more glue to the bottom in the cracks to really hold it together. I think next I might use e6000, but that takes a long time to dry, but I think it might work better. A super glue might work as well. Good luck and I would love to hear how it works out for you!