DIY Sharpie Art You Can Finish Before Thanksgiving

Need a piece of artwork to finish you decorating for the big Thanksgiving dinner? This is an easy-peasy project that will take you less than an hour and little to no money if you hoard crafting things like I do.
I found a free, printable image on the internet and pulled a page from an old book that I use for crafting. First I taped the image to the window and then taped my book page over that. The window acts as a light box. Now, grab that Sharpie.
Trace your image onto the book page. Don't worry about being perfect, you want this to look hand made.
I had some chalks that I have been holding onto for about 15 years. I applied that chalk colors to my print using dry paint brushes.
I have used this print before. Here is a picture of the same technique on a piece of muslin fabric. I left this print unpainted.
More details and the link for this print can be found on my blog: http://whileilinger.blogspot.com/2016/11/diy-art-with-sharpie.html

While I Linger

• Bridget

cute pumpkin, but did you know you can run those book pages thru your home printer

• While I Linger

Thanks for the kind words, Bridget. Yes, I knew you could run the pages through. I was wabting a more handcrafted look. Thanks for bringing it up so for others,though.