Pallet Wood Memo Board From Reclaimed Wood

I love pallet wood. I know it's been popular for years but you can use it for just about anything you can think of. I had a stack left in my garage and got the idea to make a memo board. Something unique with a bit of a farmhouse flair and this is what I came up with.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

This is the finished project. Even with having to run to the hardware store and buy a few items I think I still spent under $15.00 for the entire project.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

I started with wood I salvaged from a beat up pallet.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

Next, I ran to the hardware store and bought a paint paper roll (these things are so cheap and useful), grabbed 2 paint stirrer sticks, eye hooks, copper cut tacks and Copper Pipe – 1/2 inch pipe, 18 inches in length.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

I spray painted the eye hooks to match the copper pipe and cut tacks. I also spray painted the paint stirrer sticks.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

I lined everything up, good side down, on my work surface. Once I had everything in position I used my Kreg jig to hold it all together.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

Then, I added the eye hooks to the top, fed the copper pipe through (one side, then slid on the paint paper) then through the other side evening things out.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

Next, I added the paint stirrers to hold the paper in place and to cut it at the bottom.
pallet wood memo board, pallet

I added some twine with a Sharpie attached to one side of the copper pipe and there you have it! You can get more details and see more photos at my blog using the link below.

Mary Beth

• Karen V

Mary Beth..great idea and useful. I came across this post and then saw you were from 'Cory' I moved from Moon 3 yrs ago to Myrtle Beach. Thanks for the idea!

• Mary Beth

Hi Karen - and oh my goodness! I was born and raised in Moon! I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years but you certainly moved somewhere beautiful.

• Medina at Grillo Designs

Great IDEA!