Up-Cycled Sweater Stockings

These up-cycled sweater stockings are a great way to reuse a sweater and make into a beautiful decoration or gift!!
up cycled sweater stockings
All you really need for this project is a sweater and a sewing machine. I wouldn’t really recommend hand sewing these, I don’t think it would hold well enough. Plus you’re going to be sewing before you cut to prevent fraying which is a little difficult to do by hand!
up cycled sweater stockings
Turn your sweater flat then lay it inside out.
up cycled sweater stockings
I used a stocking I already had for a stencil. If you don't have one you can eyeball the size or cut a pattern out of paper.
up cycled sweater stockings
Trace around your stocking in either washable marker or chalk.
up cycled sweater stockings
Now it’s time to sew.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind. You want to back stitch the beginning and the end. You also have to keep an eye on the foot of your machine, mine snagged a few times in the knit and got stuck. So go slowly especially if your sweater is bulky.
up cycled sweater stockings
Once you have sewed all the way around the edge. Get out your scissors. You want to cut about 1/2 an inch outside your sewing.
up cycled sweater stockings
Now turn it right side out!
up cycled sweater stockings
Add on a hanging loop if you want one, you can just stitch it on by hand.
up cycled sweater stockings
Your finished! Hang your finished product for decoration or fill it with gifts to give someone special! Check out the full blog post for more details and other great projects!
Far From Normal

• Jackie

I LOVE THESE!!!! I saw a Lady do something similar using the same sweater type material but adding lace around the top and left the bottom opened and they became boot socks!

• JoNell

This is so cute.....what about making them into slippers!