Easy Christmas Frost and Snow for Glassware and Jars

With some white glue and epson salt and some empty jars and miss matched glassware. Simple and easy and all washes away after Christmas!!
You need Epson salt which you can get most anywhere for about a dollar.
White glue cheep store brand will do just fine, you will add a bit of water to thin it so it paints easy with a sponge brush.
Glitter is optional..
This is what I used because I already had it on hand .. the sents just keep you calm while you craft....
Select your glassware.
On a lid or something to catch your overage of salt . Turn your glass upside down. And brush your glue from the stem down toward the lip of the glass. It looks best if you finish your strokes unevenly!!
Use a spoon and sprinkle the salt over the wet glue , then the glitter if wanted.
Let it dry .. but if your not happy with it you can easily wash it off with running water.
Fill with small ornaments..
You can use jars too
Add salt inside and add a candle .. the salt will stick to the melted wax and make cleaning out as easy as just dumping it out .. then after Christmas just run all the jars and glassware through the dish washer or wash by hand.. clean up is super easy because the glue is not full strength.
Now a bit of ribbon ...and decorate!!!
Everything looks better with a frost on!!

• Epson salt
  • White glue
  • Glitter

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Everything Red For Canada Day
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Vee Ashburn

• Carolcecilia
    Carolcecilia

Is Epsom salt safe for pets? I know it is cheap and the scent is good but need to be safe if someone has curious cats!

• Vee Ashburn
      Vee Ashburn

I think they would have to ingest a lot of it to harm them any! In all the years I have been using epson salt I have never had any problems with any of my 3 cats or 2 dogs!!!

• Ann
    Ann

Is there a way to color the glue or epson salt? Say orange for Halloween
    • Vee Ashburn
      Vee Ashburn

oh that could be fun .. Sure I would but a drop or two of food coloring in the glue .. I wouldn't do paint because it could make it dull.. but food color would remain transparent... I might have to try this ... Great Idea!!!!
  • Carol
    Carol

I love the look of these! How/when do you add the glitter?

• Vee Ashburn
      Vee Ashburn

I mix the glitter and salt together and all the at the same time. Right after you put your coat of glue on and before it dries.

• Ardale
    Ardale

Love this idea and am going to try it this Christmas! My only reserve was afraid the glue once dry wouldn't come off even with soaking in hot soapy water but since you said it does wash off I'm all for trying this beautiful and easy idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • Theresa
    Theresa

I want to make candles with scents and not have to purchase them where do I get the natural ingredients for the scents