How to Make Knobs With Stones

$2

My rental apartment bathroom has this old vanity with very dated knobs that I really didn't like. I didn't want to spend a lot of money replace them so I opted to make my own with dollar store stones! Turns out is was very easy to do.

These are the original knobs that I removed by simply unscrewing them. Since I'm a renter, I'll just hold on to them until I move out and put them back.

I used river stones from the dollar store and selected ones that had a flat surface on one side.

I sanded the back of the stone to add more grip for the glue.

I used epoxy glue to attach the bronze caps nuts in the center of the stone (I got the cap nuts on amazon.com).

I let the glue dry and then used bolts to attache them to the drawer.

This is so simple to do and what's great about this project is that you could use the same idea to make knobs out of just about anything! If you want to make some of your own, there's more info on what I used in a short video on my blog.

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Engineer Your Space

• Maggie Ann
    Maggie Ann

I'm guessing you sanded the stones to remove the coating. Just to let you know, that coating is silicone, and I learned that it can be removed with turpentine. Just an FYI.

• Sarah Georgine Rice
    Sarah Georgine Rice

what are the bolts?? what do they look like? get them at home depot/lowe's? love the idea.

• LB
      LB

I actually have a ton of these stones left over from my backsplash I did last year. I should definitely do these on the knobs! Would look great and what a great idea!

• Mary
    Mary

I collect pretty rocks. All I need are ones with a flat side, right?