DIY Glitter Pear Christmas Ornament From the Dollar Tree

Make this glamorous pear ornament out of Dollar Tree items. Bonus points if you add a partridge!
Believe me when I say that this entire project can be made out of Dollar Tree items. Of course, you can find these things at your local craft store, but why not save a few extra dollars that you can use to splurge on a special gift for someone else (...or yourself, just being honest!)
You may to need to run out and get a few things, but you definitely have a few of these things at home.
The first thing you'll want to do is take your pear out to a ventilated area and spray an even coat of spray paint in back and fourth motions, about 8 inches away. I set my pear on its bottom and sprayed the entire top portion first. Once it was dry (about 15 minutes,) I flipped it on its side and got the bottom area that was previously sitting on the plate. Once the entire pear has dried, you can move on to the next step, which is glamming it up!
For this next part, you may want to have a paper plate or some news paper to work on to avoid making a mess on your table. Take your brush or sponge and dip it into your mod podge and then brush it onto the top third of your pear. Feel free to take your mod podge as far down the pear as you'd like. The more surface area covered in the mod podge, the more 'Glam, Bam, Thank You Ma'am' your ornament will end up! And yes, Dollar Tree does carry Mod Podge and glitter in the craft section!
Now onto my favorite part... the glitter. the glam. the glitz. Am I taking this too far? Probably. We all love glitter though, especially during the holidays! Just sprinkle your glitter onto the area covered in mod podge and shake off the excess onto the plate below. You can funnel the excess glitter back into its container to keep from wasting any.
Next step: Ribbon Bow. I think that the right ribbon brings this project all together. I chose this black and white striped ribbon because it gave me a very 'Kate Spade' inspired feel. This particular ribbon was on sale for $1 from Hobby Lobby, but I have numerous Dollar Tree ribbons that would have worked as well! Cut your ribbon to the size of your liking and tie it into a bow. I literally use the bunny ear shoelace method. Armature, am I right?! I don't know how to tie a professional bow, but they always seems to come out fine after I mess with them a little bit.
Almost done! Put a glue dot onto the bottom of your bow and press it onto your pear near the stem. Hold it there until its secured onto place. Once the ribbon is secured, glue on a string loop so your pear can hang off your Christmas tree! You can use the same ribbon as your bow or any string of choice (I used a string from an ornament I wasn't using anymore.) All that's left to do now is find a bare branch of your tree to hang it from!

• Faux pear  (Dollar Tree / Craft Store)
  • Glitter  (Dollar Tree / Craft Store)
  • Spray Paint or paint in color of choice  (Dollar Tree / Craft Store)

• Frances M. Guthrie

I see a 12 Days of Christmas in someones future wig lots of gold & glass berries & white & gold stems & branches....

• Zoe Emiko

I've never seen the spray paint at Dollar Tree or the glitter you show. That said Krylon metallic spray paint isn't expensive at all. If you look on Amazon prime it's usually available as an add-on for under $5. At WalMart it's about $7 a can. Glitter is inexpensive anywhere. I get the plastic fruit at Dollar Tree each year and love turning their ugly plastic stuff into something utterly upscale. Last year I managed to find enough plastic fruit to make a fruit bowl and covered them all in glass seed beads like the beautiful ones I'd seen when I was a kid. So elegant and just gorgeous!