DIY Easy Smartphone Stand

This is a really simple smartphone project. As some of you know, I'm always working in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake and create recipes. This means I always have my smartphone in the kitchen.
Until recently, my phone used to be slung on the counter where ever there was space. This means it usually ends up getting covered in flour or some sort of sticky sauce -- not anymore!
This DIY smartphone
diy easy smartphone stand
What you'll need:
Cassette tape case (w/paper insert)
Wrapping paper (or other decorative paper)
Glue stick
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like I said, this project is so simple and easy and it will help keep your phone clean in the kitchen - what's not to love about it?!
The first step is to grab an old cassette tape case - make sure it has the paper insert. If you don't have one that you're willing to sacrifice, hit the thrift shop, I grabbed a stack of old cassettes for like 10 cents each at our thrift store.
What color do you want your smartphone stand? It's the holiday season and I'm doing a lot of holiday baking so I used holiday wrapping paper for mine!
diy easy smartphone stand
Since it's the holiday season and I'm doing a lot of holiday baking for our virtual cookie swap, I'll use some festive holiday wrapping paper. You can use any paper you wish for your smartphone holder. As one reader suggested, wallpaper - brilliant!
Simply glue, with a glue stick, wrapping paper to both sides of the paper insert. Allow the glue to dry.
diy easy smartphone stand
Cut the excess wrapping paper off from around the paper insert. Fold the paper insert along its original lines and slide it back into the cassette case.
Flip the cassette case so the outside of the plastic case is folded underneath -- a cassette tape does this naturally, no tricks here!
Insert your phone and get baking!
diy easy smartphone stand

• Cassette tape case
  • Wrapping paper
  • Glue Stick
Andrew @ ScrappyGeek.com

• 861650

I LIKE your idea. Now, what else can we do with them?

• Peg12558106

They are a good size for business cards to be placed on one's desk.