"5 Items For Your Winter Home From ONE Thrift Store Sweater!" (Part 2)

$3

Buy 1 thrift store sweater or repurpose an old sweater of your own to make 5 ideas that are easy and will warm your home during the cold months! There will be 5 separate posts for this one project. Links to all projects will be at the bottom.
Second we are going to make a Door Draft Stopper. Here was the original sweater before we started.
This is what we have left of the sweater after the first project. You’ll need 2 tube socks, and rice to continue. My tube socks came from Dollar Tree, and my rice was from Walmart.
Fill both tube socks with rice.
Flip out one edge of the tube sock. Place hot glue on the turned out edge and press the other tube sock onto the hot glue. Continue all the way around to seal the sock.
This is what it should look like when you’re finished.
Cut your sweater sleeve and part of the chest of the remaining sweater to be on the outside of the socks.
Turn inside out and hot glue any edges that need to complete the tube shape. Turn right side out after glue cools. Slide rice sock pack into the sweater sleeve tube.
Slide rice sock pack into the sweater sleeve tube.
Hot glue the outside of the sweater sleeve ½ way around. Flip the sleeve inside and press together to seal. Repeat to the other side.
Place the door draft stopper in front of your door.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
Please join me for Hometalk’s Facebook Live Tuesday, Jan. 10th 2017 at 7pm EST!
In case you missed it, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/Hometalk/?fref=ts

• Sweater
  • Rice

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Phy16430515
    Phy16430515

Does the sweater makes 2 draft stoppers?

• Chas' Crazy Creations
      Chas' Crazy Creations

It can if you don't make the other projects from the other sleeve (the cup holders, candle warmer, etc.)

• Cindy
    Cindy

Great way to recycle perfectly good items, but how do you keep the knit from unraveling?
    • Banjojane66
      Banjojane66

We have our daughter and son-in law living in one half of our home and they have an emergency door. To keep the noise and light out, they have rolled up a towel to block air-conditioner temperature and heat  and save energy too. How about adding saran wrap around the socks, or using the ziploc bags and squeezing air out, then put in socks and then the sweater tubes? I like your idea, hope you don't mind my suggestion. This is a great way to block the cold or hot air!!