DIY GIVEAWAY: Country Chic Paint is giving away free samples of paint!

+249
Hi everyone!

I'm Sarah from the team over at Country Chic Paint. Our beautiful, chalk and clay based furniture paint is specifically designed for DIYers with a love for refinishing furniture and home decor. Best of all, it's very eco-friendly and contains little to no harmful solvents.

For a limited time we're offering free, 4 oz jars of Country Chic Paint to anyone who follows the two easy steps below. That's enough paint to easily do a small project, such as a chair or a side table. We want you to experience Country Chic Paint for yourself because we know that you'll fall in love with it! Here's how to claim your free sample:
  1. Comment on this post and share with the Hometalk community: What was the best/most interesting painting advice you've ever received or given, AND
  2. Head on over to the Country Chic Paint website to fill out a quick form and redeem your unique coupon at any of our participating retailers! http://www.countrychicpaint.com/free-samples

Enjoy, and happy New Year!
q diy giveaway country chic paint is giving away free samples of paint
  • Lannah Lannah on Jan 01, 2017
    The best advice is the type of sand paper to use when it is required.!
  • Lannah Lannah on Jan 01, 2017
    The best sand paper to use on a paint job that requires sanding.
  • Madison McGahan Madison McGahan on Jan 01, 2017
    The best advice I've gotten AND given, is there is no such thing as "no prep" painting! :)
  • Kim boulanger Kim boulanger on Jan 01, 2017
    Type of sandpape to use
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom on Jan 01, 2017
    When painting with a brush - the brush matters!

However, when the link you provided is clicked it says:

We're sorry, but the page you requested does not exist.
  • William William on Jan 01, 2017
    I like to use foam rollers and foam brushes most of the time. Get a better smooth finish, no brush marks, and no brushes to clean! LINK DOES NOT WORK!
  • M&M Embellishments M&M Embellishments on Jan 01, 2017
    Using the correct brush can make a huge difference in the outcome!
    • TracyRogersIsLoved TracyRogersIsLoved on Jan 26, 2018
      Definitely, your work will only be as good as your tools will allow. Spend the few extra bucks for a Purdy or a Wooster, and.....never use a wire brush on them !
  • Kim Hodson Kim Hodson on Jan 01, 2017
    I've gotten so much advice from a lot of people. I'd have to say the best advice is applying top coat with a sponge. Not a handled sponge, but like a car sponge. It works fantastic
  • Lisa Allen Lisa Allen on Jan 01, 2017
    I painted a set of nesting tables with this paint,
    It's working again! :)
  • Becky Hammer Becky Hammer on Jan 01, 2017
    Best advice I've had is from just doing it and learning as I go. Being creative and experimenting with techniques and materials.
  • Suzie Suzie on Jan 01, 2017
    The best advice I was given: good paint really does make a difference.
  • Think2inkme Think2inkme on Jan 01, 2017
    My best advice I ever got was never pick paint late at night , always use a good brush and prep well .
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 01, 2017
    I love chalk paint because it is so forgiving! The brush does not really matter with chalk paint (I use cheap brushes that can be thrown out), no real prepping or priming and it if you don't like something, you sand it or paint over it! So easy - definitely my "go to" paint for my numerous furniture projects!
  • Patty Burt Patty Burt on Jan 02, 2017
    Do the prep work. It WILL show in the end.
  • Use a good brush and don't be afraid .. it's only paint!
  • Becky Becky on Jan 02, 2017
    New to chalk painted I have used it once on an ore and loved it, I have a few small pieces I'm excited to paint!
  • Suzanne H Stack Suzanne H Stack on Jan 02, 2017
    I think the best advice is to use a good quality paint and prep the area good before starting.
  • Suzanne Canfield Suzanne Canfield on Jan 02, 2017
    I actually buy an artist stiff brush for painting and edging around walls. I buy them at the hobby store!
  • Jwoodard Jwoodard on Jan 02, 2017
    Be sure you have everything on hand before you start and do the prep work it make a big differance
  • Lor10586860 Lor10586860 on Jan 02, 2017
    The best advice I've ever received about DIY projects - go with your first instinct and do it the way you want. Don't compare quality with someone else's work. Most of all...enjoy what you are doing.
  • Mic8076206 Mic8076206 on Jan 02, 2017
    use good materials, take your time, don,t sweat the small stuff
  • Kristil Albof Kristil Albof on Jan 02, 2017
    I am on a very very limited budget so I can't afford to buy gallons of paint for the projects I do, so every couple of weeks I go hunting my local hardware store and the 3 big box stores near me for their OOPS paint!! I LOVE PAINT lol and have around 50 gallons and like 20 or so quarts. There's not always "good" colors , but a lot of the time there is! I mix my own colors from these various paints , and I also buy all sheens, whether it's flat, satin,semi gloss etc, . The gallons cost 5 to 7 dollars and quarts are 3! What a steal!! I also use the cheap brushes, and wrap them up in foil and store them in the fridge between uses. Thanks for the chance! HAPPYNEW YEAR
  • Jodi Anne Jodi Anne on Jan 02, 2017
    Prep! Quality paint !
  • Hop13040401 Hop13040401 on Jan 02, 2017
    If you need to take a break or have only small amounts of time to paint, put your brushes or even roller in a zippy bag and put them in in the refrigerator. Cover the paint left in any pans with plastic wrap. Everything will be ready to work again when you are. And take chances - you can start over and repaint if you don't like it.
  • Kayte Kayte on Jan 02, 2017
    Best advice given to me is; 'just paint'. If you don't like the end result, keeping painting until you do! It's only paint and it's more fun if you can shake off the fear of messing up.
    I've never used a paint product like Country Chic Paints and I'm super excited to try it!
  • Tam 15076171 Tam 15076171 on Jan 02, 2017
    I don't know if this would be considered advice but it was something that I was told many years ago. We had bought our first house it needed a lot of updating and we were on a tight budget the countertops were all (kitchen and bathrooms) avocado green we replaced the ones in the kitchen but could not afford to replace the ones in the bathrooms. I was talking to a friend about how bad it looked with new paint and tile but the green countertops and her husband said paint them and that was when I learned that you could put primer on a slick surface and then paint it.
  • Maude  LaFountain Maude LaFountain on Jan 02, 2017
    I too like to buy the OOPS paint at the stores its like opening up a box of Chocolates you never know what you are gonna get ...I love PAINT !!!!! and I love painting anything and everything that I can with PAINT !!!!!! My go too to update something old into something new !!!!! Can't miss with a nice color of Paint !!!
  • L.Bishop L.Bishop on Jan 02, 2017
    Advise drilled into me by artist who gave classes...Prep all surfaces carefully. This will determine the quality and look of your finished project. Use best quality paint you can afford. While this applied to art projects (canvas, furniture, etc.) I find this is excellent advise for ANY PROJECT.
  • Kathleen Wheeler Kathleen Wheeler on Jan 02, 2017
    The best advice I received was make sure you have everything you need before you start.
  • Beckie Frantz Hudson Beckie Frantz Hudson on Jan 02, 2017
    Paint a piece like you're doing it for your best friend. Be proud of every piece you do. Keep working on it until you are.
  • Ralph Boyer Ralph Boyer on Jan 02, 2017
    prep and keep piece clean
  • Celeste Amaro Celeste Amaro on Jan 02, 2017
    I painted a lamp from black to sky blue and it came out very nice
  • Gaynell Gaynell on Jan 02, 2017
    Use the right paint for the perfect Job. I painted my kitchen cupboards white from a dark red because I heeded that advise.
  • Judithcausey Judithcausey on Jan 02, 2017
    Paint with sample paint first. I've had some close calls with paint I thought was perfect until I got it on the wall where it was to go. Wow! Huge mistake averted.
  • Avitaathome Avitaathome on Jan 03, 2017
    ADVICE: when stencil, use those little triangle makeup sponges you find at the dollar store instead the stencil sponge brush!
  • Samantha Woolley Samantha Woolley on Jan 03, 2017
    Don't be afraid to try something out of the ordinary and just have fun...it's easier to create something wonderful when your not stressed.
  • Pam16867676 Pam16867676 on Jan 03, 2017
    Prep all surfaces before painting and have everything you need before starting!
  • Lisa Armstrong-Moorman Lisa Armstrong-Moorman on Jan 03, 2017
    Prep prep prep, for the best result. And take your time!
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Jan 03, 2017
    Make sure the piece is clean before you paint, wipe it down completely with a moistened towel to get dust off the crevices. Work in an area you have prepared and protected to avoid accidental splatters. Have fun!
  • Zina Gable Zina Gable on Jan 03, 2017
    Paint in well ventilated area.
  • Marj MRC Creations Marj MRC Creations on Jan 03, 2017
    I agree with everyone about how important it is to have a dust-free, clean piece before painting it, and using the right paint for the right surface. My favourite thing I learned in the past 2 1/2 years that I've been painting and upcycling projects, is that a little paint usually goes a long way and you don't have to buy large quantities. I've been buying smaller sized jars and cans of chalk paint and having more fun with different colours and textures. Love that!