Family Jewelry Christmas Tree

Wondering what to do with those pieces of costume jewelry you inherited, or broken pieces of jewelry you can't bare to part with? Turn them into a fabulous memento you can cherish.
This is a one-of-a-kind keepsake of jewelry belonging to my mother and other family members.
The tree is very easy to make using a Styrofoam cone, and either gluing or pinning the pieces on.
This is an old brooch that belonged to my mother. Not valuable but very sentimental.
I placed a picture of her inside of it. Making this tree extra special.
I used glitter glue to fill in any spaces after I had finished adding all the jewelry pieces.  This gave the tree a sparkly effect. I placed the finish tree on a small urn pedestal.
I used glitter glue to fill in any spaces after I had finished adding all the jewelry pieces. This gave the tree a sparkly effect. I placed the finish tree on a small urn pedestal.
What a beautiful keepsake that I will truly treasure.
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Kathy

I would like to try this, I was wondering if you can paint the cone (gold) before attaching the jewelry? Beautiful TY

• Karen J

thanks for sharing, this is very pretty.

• Marissa Morin

The tree is very pretty. I have seen several Christmas trees done in picture frames with all rhinestone jewelry and small Christmas lights. They were beautiful. The lights made the jewelry sparkle beautifully.