Feri Designs LLC
Feri Designs LLC
  • Delray Beach, FL

Make A Hall Tree From Old Shutter Doors

Our first Hall Tree was very successful and we sold it exactly in 5 days. And than many people asked for a new one, we had no time to build new hall tree because of back custom orders.( Thank God) Our job is not to dense at the moment because of xmas, so we had time to make a new one.
make a hall tree from old shutter doors, curb appeal, doors
First we sanded the shutters to removed the grime, than we cleaned it with a wet cloth.
They came out very clean as you see. For paint I thought 3 different colors. But the smart choice was the what we had in our hand.!!
I wanted a very different color and looks, so I started to paint with light blue color.
After Finished
After we finished the old shutter doors, my husband cut 2 pieces from the doors than he cut the 2 pieces wood. One for seat, the other for a shelf.
And I painted with off white with my homemade chalky.. After painting all the pieces I decided to apply ,,,
Than he merged all pieces one by one
dark glaze very slightly. But I didn't like the looks at all. So I repainted it it was to hard for me to cover the light blue. Finally I applied white wash on all the edges.
After that my husband put all the pieces together.
Now my new piece looks elegant and attractive!!With hooks and with mirror.
I bought this wooden mirror frame and with the cast iron hooks from Hobby Lobby , than I painted the frame with same white. Than my husband found the chain from his workshop and he tied the mirror.
My husband he put all these unique decors on the hall tree. And at that time started to form..
We finished our this project in 7 days,, The white side shutters are just for decors. They are not attach to the Hall Tree .Hope you guys enjoy it..
The white side shutters are not attach to the Hall tree..They used for decors.
Now On our ETSY Shop for Sale,,,link is below,,
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FERIDESIGNS

• Melissa

Love this idea. I work at a Habitat for Humanity Restore so I am planning on trying this. The question I have is how do you make chalk paint

• Erica Smith

#Melissa I make my own Chalk Paint. I choose my latex color and use 1c of paint, 1/3 c of Plaster Paris and 1/3 c water. Mix the plaster and water together till smooth then add paint in and stir till all well blended. You can also use a home mixer to blend it up. This makes enough to cover approximately a dresser with 5 drawers. Good luck!

• Judy

Very Creative ! Love it . My question is how do you make your chalk paint?

• Feri Designs LLC

My own chalk paint is my speacil recipie, really sorry. But you can find online many recipies. Joj4974156

• Harriette Fletcher

where did u get your hooks? Love them. Love your idea. I want to try this.

• Ms. Bonnie

I'd love to try this. I upcycle tons of stuff! Believe it or not, alot of my up cycling comes from roadside finds! And im usually not looking for anything in particular! Just grab and go!

• Lori

Wow this is what I have been looking for. Will be trying this very soon.