Grouted Vinyl (Peel & Stick) Tile

$100

We choose to put peel and stick tile in our master bathroom update for a few reasons. 1. It fit the budget 2. We had never done any type of floor venture and we figured it would be easy to get our feet wet with it 3. We plan on doing a complete overhaul in the bathroom in 5 years or so.
I'll tell you a bit about how we did things.Step one : Rip up carpet, all tack strips and staples.Step two: Vacuum plywood and then dry brush it (there are some recommendations for chemical cleaning agents, but we didn't use any)Step 3: Figure out placement (brick pattern or other, etc.)Step 4: Peel backing off and start laying the tile. Press firmly on each tile. We used a rolling pin on some and then used our feet on others.Step 5: Use a razor knife to score any tiles that need to be "cut".Step 5: Grout (Making sure to sponge off excess to eliminate the "fog")Step 6: Let dry.Enjoy.* So, we have had this in our house for over a year and it looks great. See more details on our blog.
grouted vinyl peel stick tile, bathroom ideas, diy, flooring, how to, tile flooring, tiling, You can t tell that it s peel and stick tile The grout lines really make the floor look like real tile
You can't tell that it's peel and stick tile. The grout lines really make the floor look like real tile.
grouted vinyl peel stick tile, bathroom ideas, diy, flooring, how to, tile flooring, tiling, Before Carpet After Putting down tile with spacers
Before: Carpet After: Putting down tile with spacers
grouted vinyl peel stick tile, bathroom ideas, diy, flooring, how to, tile flooring, tiling, The floor really made the bathroom
The floor really made the bathroom.
grouted vinyl peel stick tile, bathroom ideas, diy, flooring, how to, tile flooring, tiling, Bathroom as it is now
Bathroom as it is now.
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Julia

Question: Just bought a home built in 1973. The linoleum in the bathroom curves up the walls and under the vanity. Do I cut that to floor level first? I also have a kitchen that was tiled with really junky tile that chips like crazy. I initially thought of painting the existing tile. Is this type of tile the kind that peel and stick would work for also? I intend to grout it all.

• Jeanie Golding Riggio

I am interested in peel and stick tile in bathrooms and laundry room. How do you space them for the grout?
  • Michelle Webster

Do you have to have grout lines or can they be installed butted up together?

• Tami

Hi Michelle. You have the option of doing it either way. The edge of the tiles are slightly curved for grouting but I have laid it both ways, with and without grout and it looks good. just do not use spacers if not using grout.

• Tami

Benefit of this tile- Super easy to lay down compared to real tile. It is much warmer on feet, and if you drop a plate it is much more likely to not shatter on impact! Looks pretty real. Many did not notice that is is not real tile! Good Luck!

• Charlene Albrecht

I have a very old side by side trailer. vinyl on bathrooms, laundry and kitchen. my question is this has been on floor for ever. before I get started, am I going to have to include new plywood flooring in all areas? will have to hire that done is so and cost goes way up. Cant just put new owe old because too high then