Zest it Up
Zest it Up
  • Atascadero, CA

An Inexpensive Valentine's Day Floral Arrangement

So, it’s that time of year again that the cynics try to declare a hoax created by the card industry and florists. Hey, hey, now! Fend off that grumpy view, if you are tempted. Valentine’s Day is a chance to focus on others. It’s a chance to show what is in your heart which you sometimes fail to show because of running to-do lists and schedules. The best part, is that there are a million ways to show
an inexpensive valentine s day floral arrangement, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
Then there are the times when simple flowers speak volumes. They are fresh, fragile and beautiful…like a tangible love story. Keeping things on the inexpensive side, why not create something special out of the ordinary. Here is a crazy simple arrangement made with good ol’ carnations!
Carnations may feel old fashioned, but sorted out in a fun margarita glass, they show off their fun, frilly side.
I think carnations look their best when packed together in a tight mound that highlights their shape and color. Cutting each individual flower, I use slightly longer stems toward the center and begin trimming the stems shorter as I make my way closer to the glass rim. The finished effect is pretty sweet. It looks like a myriad of carnations creating one large carnation.
Just keep layering and packing them in. The trick is to fill all the blank spaces.
Romantic and sweet without breaking the bank, right? I love this because it is so simple that pretty much anyone can pull it off and look like a Romeo or Juliet. Combined with some good vino and a simple meal, an evening turns from ordinary to thoughtful and special.
What ideas do you have for showing your heart this Valentine’s Day?
Oh, and happy Valentine’s, lovelies!

• Carnations
  • Fun glass or Jar
  • Scissors
Zest it Up

• LibraryKAT

Very nice, indeed! I like carnations, they last a long time and are really quite beautiful, especially en masse like you have them. :-)

• Brenda S.

These are stunning!!