Cleaning Oven Racks in the Bathtub

$5

One of the things I really dislike doing is cleaning my oven! All of that hard to remove burnt food pieces and grease splatters really get me down. So, any way to make the job a little easier is a major plus for me! This simple way to clean your oven racks with tinfoil and a bathtub is a win-win situation. Now, my oven racks are sparkling and I didn't break a sweat cleaning them.
SUPPLIES:

- Dish Soap (1/2 cup)

- Tin Foil

- Oven Rack

- Bath Tub

- Water

- Toothbrush (optional)
Step 1: Remove oven racks from oven.

Close-up of my dirty oven rack - yuck!
Step 2: Fill the bathtub (about a quarter full) with warm water.
Step 3: Add 1/4 cup dish soap to the bath water.
Step 4: Place your dirty oven racks in the bathtub. Let sit in the water overnigt (8 hours).
Step 5: Grab a piece of tinfoil and scrunch it up into a ball.
To get inside of those awkward corners and crevices, wrap an old toothbrush with a piece of tinfoil. You'll have better control at getting into those tight spaces.
Step 7: Clean the edges, corners and crevices with your tinfoil wrapped toothbrush. This step is optional.
Step 8: Slide your shiny oven racks back into your oven and admire them before you cook your next meal.

• Linda Thomas

After cleaning the racks what can be user friendly to have the racks glide in the oven easier ? It's very difficult to slide the racks.

• Leslie

Hi Julien, Have used tin foil on other chrome objects but for some reason never thought to use on the oven rack. That being said I did something stupid and left the racks in while using my oven cleaning function. Will this work on racks that have gone through that process? Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Rose Zuniga

How to clean oven it really burned on grime n grease yuck

• Julia Dianne Carr

Yes, I hate my oven being dirty. Since I do not have a self cleaning oven it will save me some scribbling. Thank you I will try this.

• Irene

ideas using Beach Glass