Cleaning Oven Racks in the Bathtub

$5

One of the things I really dislike doing is cleaning my oven! All of that hard to remove burnt food pieces and grease splatters really get me down. So, any way to make the job a little easier is a major plus for me! This simple way to clean your oven racks with tinfoil and a bathtub is a win-win situation. Now, my oven racks are sparkling and I didn't break a sweat cleaning them.
cleaning oven racks in the bathtub, appliances, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips
SUPPLIES:

- Dish Soap (1/2 cup)

- Tin Foil

- Oven Rack

- Bath Tub

- Water

- Toothbrush (optional)
Step 1: Remove oven racks from oven.

Close-up of my dirty oven rack - yuck!
Step 2: Fill the bathtub (about a quarter full) with warm water.
Step 3: Add 1/4 cup dish soap to the bath water.
Step 4: Place your dirty oven racks in the bathtub. Let sit in the water overnigt (8 hours).
Step 5: Grab a piece of tinfoil and scrunch it up into a ball.
To get inside of those awkward corners and crevices, wrap an old toothbrush with a piece of tinfoil. You'll have better control at getting into those tight spaces.
Step 7: Clean the edges, corners and crevices with your tinfoil wrapped toothbrush. This step is optional.
Step 8: Slide your shiny oven racks back into your oven and admire them before you cook your next meal.

• Rengin S

Why not cleaning them in dishwasher? It’s soooo easy

• Eva Brown

I wonder if you used dishwasher soap {Liquid or granulated) if it would work even better??

• Beverly

Why does it call for 1/2 cup dish soap but only use 1/4 cup dish soap? Did I miss a step

• Spdygnzl

Hey just wanted to let you know if you use oven cleaner on the racks waaayyyy easier. I put newspapers on the grass and lay rack on the newspaper and spray away wait an hour or so and just rinse everything comes right off no scrubbing at all. I have cleaned many oven racks and oven cleaner will not hurt them.

• Norma Manuel

I spray with oven cleaner then place in a dark garbage bag. Leave for a few hrs. Longer the better. Take out they wipe clean. One rack in each bag

• Diane

Ok I am obviously lazy. I leave them in the oven while its cleaning