Bedroom Makeover - Plain Jane to Glam!

Like most older split-level homes, our master bedroom is very small. It makes me crack up to even call it a master bedroom, given its size. Although our bedroom before our recent overhaul wasn't terrible looking, it was definitely "Plain Jane." It’s like we tried updating the room but never quite made it to the finish line.

master bedroom makeover plain jane to glam

The worst was this view from across our bed. The dressers did not match plus we had so much "blank" space above.

Our need for a proper closet made this bedroom makeover a "must." I was tired of covering up the non-functional old closet with curtains. Notice how haphazardly hung they were...I never intended the curtains to be a permanent solution to this eyesore of an area.

Here's another view of our "Plain Jane" master bedroom.

Now comes the dramatic "After" photos. View of bed. That's the same bed we had before but I upholstered the headboard!

View of closet area.

These jewelry hangers are both decorative and functional.

Below photo is the view from our bed. I repainted one of the dressers and removed the larger dresser out of room. My new custom closet holds all of my folding clothes.

MORE photos from this makeover can be found HERE. I just love how this room went from "Plain Jane" to "Glam."

Love makeovers and home projects? Please visit LINK HERE to subscribe to newsletter. See below link for all details of this bedroom transformation.

Tee @ Beauteefulliving

• Debbie

where did you get those awesome jewelry hangers?

• Tee @ Beauteefulliving

Hi Debbie, they were from HomeGoods. There were times I've seen them in HomeGoods' sister brands (T. J. Maxx & Marshall's). Good luck!

• Lynnecy

What is the light source in the room as there are no end table or dresser lights?

• CarlyTee
    An hour ago

Those pictures above your wall! 💕 That’s what drew me to the project. Do you recall where they are from?

• Stacy Ann

What an impressive makeover! Bravo~I smile because my daughter would love this! Thank you for such creative inspiration!

• Lana

One of the BEST DIY bedroom makeovers I've seen, congrats!! Beautifully & tastefully done in every detail, as any designer would be proud of! Very fresh & modern, I love it! You have a really "good eye" for exactly what ADDS TO room design/decor/function - & when to stop. I'm very impressed!