Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Anthropolgie Knockoff Repurposed Cake Pan Shelf

$20

I saw a shelf at Anthropologie recently that was made to look as if it was formed from an old cake pan and figured it was a good project I could make myself. I got a cake pan and a bit of wood and some fun drawer pulls and made this great looking circle shelf in no time! You can customize your shelf with various drawer pulls or paint finishes to match any room or aesthetic! This cake pan shelf will work in
anthropolgie knockoff repurposed cake pan shelf

SUPPLIES:
-1x3x4 lumber
-Hacksaw
-2 Drawer Pulls
-4 1" Wood Screws
-12+" Springform Cake Pan
-Sponge
-Gold Craft Paint (optional)
-Drill
-Picture Hangers

STEP 1: Remove the bottom of the springform pan and leave the clasp open so the pan is at it's widest point.

STEP 2: Measure the diameter of your cake pan in 2 different spots where you would like your shelves to rest.

STEP 3: Take your measurements from step 2 and draw a line across the lumber at each distance.

Use your hacksaw to cut the pieces away from the wood.

STEP 4: (optional) Place a blot of your paint on a sponge and dab it onto the ring of the cake pan and set aside to dry.

STEP 5: Place your wood pieces into the ring of the cake pan and make sure they are resting level.

STEP 6: Take a drill and drill a pilot hole through the outside of the cake pan into the side of the shelves on each side.

STEP 7: Grab your wood screws and screw through the outside of the cake pan into the shelves to secure them into place.

STEP 8: Drill another pilot hole the size of the thread of your drawer pulls into either side of one of the shelves.

STEP 9: Screw your drawer pulls into the holes you just drilled until they are tightly in place.

STEP 10: Turn your shelf over so the back is facing up and screw picture hangers into the back.

STEP 11: Hang your shelf where you wish.

STEP 12: Fill up your shelves with whatever you wish!

As you can see this works great in the kitchen, as bathroom storage, or even as a nice place to store your sunny's

A very similar cake pan shelf was almost $150 at Anthropologie and I made this one for a small fraction of the price and it looks great to boot!

I love all the character that the handles added. Though you don't need them, they are a fun way to add some character to the piece.

• Susan Gotimer

Can you make shelves tight enough so you don't need screws?

• You can on a shelf at the center or below by cutting shelf ends on an angle. It won’t work on a shelf above the center of the pan.

• Eroque022810

Have you thought about putting some clear silicone dots or some felt tiny pads to make pan equally away from wall? Right now in photo it appears to be leaning forward? Just a thought.

• Nancy Weldon McEntire

The pulls in your photos appear to be wood dowels threaded through metal pulls. The link for the pulls are entirely metal. Where did you get the ones with wood?

• Nat

I’m one of those people who always compares the diy project to the original store product. I have to say this is an amazing $$ SAVER and looks very much like the store product!! Thank you for sharing. I attached a photo of the one from Anthropologie!! $148!!! Wow

• Christy

Thank you for sharing!

I have a couple of metal rings from an old wooden wine barrel that I have been saving for a special project. I think you just inspired the project that I will be trying with those metal rings. I will post pictures once I finish my version of your circular shelves.

Great job on your DIY of the circular shelves. Saving money and repurposing items is always a good idea!

Thank you again