DIY Moroccan Wood Art From a Cabinet Door

Global style is on trend and you can get the look for a DIY cost! Create your own Moroccan wood art piece using an repurposed cabinet door!
Authentic global accents can be a bit expensive. I love the look of a global style home, but at times you have to be creative and create your own globally inspired home decor. You can see more of my diy home decor on my blog here.

Here is the cabinet I was working with. It's an old Ikea workstation and it no longer is being used. So, I took the cabinet doors off and began upcycling the door into a Moroccan decor piece.

To make the process much easier, I used a precut wood applique piece from Overlays. The quatrefoil pattern was perfect for the Moroccan vibe I wanted and it was super easy to apply. I simply used a quick dry permanent glue to apply the furniture applique then painted the entire thing green.

I then added yellow paint to the center of each quatrefoil and continued with a light blue and red for highlights. There is no need to be methodical with this. The colors don't need to be added in a specific way, this is just to add color.

To tone the color down, add a vintage brown wax over the entire art piece. You can then add your final accents to each quatrefoil with your light blue paint. I added a series of geometric shapes like triangles and circles along with a leaf detail within each quatrefoil.

The cabinet door was quite heavy so I made it into a leaning art piece in my newly refreshed living room. Check out the rest of the gallery wall and full room reveal here.

Dover's Chalk Paint Wax Chalk Paint Wax for Finishing and Sealing Painted...

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living