Old Ceiling Fan Placemat Project

1 material
$0.00
An old ceiling fan that was headed for the trash was recycled into something useful and beautiful for outdoor entertaining at home.

We had a canvas gazebo on our patio that was recently replaced with a more permanent trellis, and the ceiling fan was no longer needed. As my husband headed to the trash with it I saw that the blades had the look of weathered wicker and were just the right size for repurposing.

We live in a tropical climate and after cleaning the blades, I decided to use them for placemats in our garden for an informal dinner under the stars. I clipped some giant palm leaves, but obviously this can be just inspirational for you to create with your own leaves (or without).

For a natural look I grabbed some white plates, white napkins and simple elements for the table. I found that our ginger plant was in bloom and helped myself to a few cuttings, placing them in a wicker wrapped pot.

The fan blades were laid out so that the larger portion of the blades were closest to the edge of the table and the plates fit perfectly. My centerpiece was placed in the middle of the table and this arrangement took no time at all...and was free to create! For more tablesetting ideas for every season, please visit my blog at shabbyfufu.com and I will link this article for more details below.

• Fan blades   (free recycle)
Janet Coon-Shabbyfufu

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 32 comments
Next