The Bachelorette Pad Flip
The Bachelorette Pad Flip
  • Springdale, AR

Updating An Ugly Lamp Post for $100

If you've seen any share of retro ranch houses, you've probably seen several lamp posts in the yards. Unfortunately, many of them have become eyesores over the years. Such was the case in my Flip 3 house-- the yard had an ugly, non-working vintage gas lamp. With the goal of preserving its integrity but updating it and adding curb appeal, the existing post got a complete affordable makeover!

*I buy old, ugly, & neglected houses and flip them all by myself. It's a crazy, DIY house-flipping life that I blog about over at The Bachelorette Pad Flip. Come follow along!
updating an ugly lamp post for 100
To appreciate the end product, you have to see the original. Rusty, broken, not working, and partially falling apart. BUT- it still had life left in it!
updating an ugly lamp post for 100
I started by removing all of the non-working parts which included the lamp head and the sign.
updating an ugly lamp post for 100
My next step was to take a trip to my Uncle Nuny's workshop for him to work his woodworking magic!
updating an ugly lamp post for 100
The final product was an instant charmer and really amped up the curb appeal! This was such an economical update that really enhances a previous eyesore! To see all the steps and how to make your own, visit my blog: The Bachelorette Pad Flip!

The Bachelorette Pad Flip

• Heather Hardin Randall

Stunning! Now have your talented Uncle repeat this post for the support on the porch and your property will stand out even more. This was very clever!
    • The Bachelorette Pad Flip

I thought about that actually...but on the other side of the post is a "built in" thermometer my Grandpa added and I can't bear to cover it up!

• Marlene

Bummer, our assoc. won't allow us to do that, but I love it, looks amazing!!!!!