Easy Small Patio With Pavers

$15

Hubs and my friend Betty lovingly made a small patio for me to sit, drink morning coffee, read, watch people ,watch birds or .....just watch grass grow! It was easier than we thought. And is just right...can sit four chairs. The neighbors have driven by and wave ,thumbs up..or stop and call.."great job,"and smile! We have yet to get an umbrella or bamboo shade to hang in early morning sun. 🤗🌺🌞

This is before...the almost constant rain made the yard so spongy I couldn't even walk on it safely. And the front was pretty bland and garden area was very overgrown.

Hubs took out plants, then removed top sod...by hand shovel..

Raked, smoothed, laid out the pavers in a preplanned pattern.

Gravel, sand, pavers, sweep clean.....

Planted pots...THEN we found a fountain the previous owners had left, and....IT WORKS! 🤗🤗🤗 I am enjoying my little patio so much...even when it is raining! I can look out the living room window and enjoy. And coming home...I love how much more welcoming it is.

This is the garden part..added pickets,

Cleaned out overgrowth of previous jungle.

This is as of June ‘18

Be kind to animals,feed slugs their favorite foods! 😳 trying to keep on top of that little army! But I sure like the picket fencing.

• Sandy Schultz

I was wondering, I live in Colorado in the prairie and here is so dry and hot in the summer to grow anything in this area it's like hard Rock and sand my back yard I want to do something like this because trying to keep up with the grass and weeds is ridiculously high I'm trying to come up with an idea easy for me and affordable so I have a nice area to put table chairs unbrella after I level the ground do I put rocks first or sand then pavers

• Carolyn from NH

One question, did you eventually run your pavers to the end of the front of your home?

• Lorinda Sears

I tried this, and it looked good but-------++ grass started growing up in between the edges of all pavers. It was aweful, trying to keep grass out oaround the pavers, any suggestions?

• Brw22195360

Round up or simlar weed killer. or pull up the pavers and lay down a liner of weed blocker can be found at home depot, lowes then reinstall pavers. Easy and cheep without using chemicals...cecil

• Aprile

Curious as to what type of vine you have growing up the trellis. Thanks.

You did a great job; looks very nice.

• Bernice H

Oh dear..I think it is a clematis..but it is not a good specimen. It has a hard time dealing with non gardening humans! It struggles ...🤪

• Tam

OMG! How FUN for you guys...great job!!!

• Carolyn from NH

This is so inspiring wow. Looks neat, clean and healthy. Very nice job.

i like sitting on my deck in the evening until these little bitty, teeny, tiny bug show up. Can barely see them but they bite like bear lol. That will drive me in side for sure.