Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR

Easy Small Patio With Pavers

$15

Hubs and my friend Betty lovingly made a small patio for me to sit, drink morning coffee, read, watch people ,watch birds or .....just watch grass grow! It was easier than we thought. And is just right...can sit four chairs. The neighbors have driven by and wave ,thumbs up..or stop and call.."great job,"and smile! We have yet to get an umbrella or bamboo shade to hang in early morning sun. 🤗🌺🌞

easy small patio with pavers

This is before...the almost constant rain made the yard so spongy I couldn't even walk on it safely. And the front was pretty bland and garden area was very overgrown.

easy small patio with pavers

Hubs took out plants, then removed top sod...by hand shovel..

easy small patio with pavers

Raked, smoothed, laid out the pavers in a preplanned pattern.

easy small patio with pavers

Gravel, sand, pavers, sweep clean.....

easy small patio with pavers

Planted pots...THEN we found a fountain the previous owners had left, and....IT WORKS! 🤗🤗🤗 I am enjoying my little patio so much...even when it is raining! I can look out the living room window and enjoy. And coming home...I love how much more welcoming it is.

This is the garden part..added pickets,
This is the garden part..added pickets,

Cleaned out overgrowth of previous jungle.

This is as of June ‘18
This is as of June ‘18

Be kind to animals,feed slugs their favorite foods! 😳 trying to keep on top of that little army! But I sure like the picket fencing.

• Elizabeth

Just curious, did you leave the banister at the door up? This came out beautiful.

• Bernice H

Thank you...well it’s spring time again..doesn’t look so good now..back to work on it!

• Sandy Schultz

I was wondering, I live in Colorado in the prairie and here is so dry and hot in the summer to grow anything in this area it's like hard Rock and sand my back yard I want to do something like this because trying to keep up with the grass and weeds is ridiculously high I'm trying to come up with an idea easy for me and affordable so I have a nice area to put table chairs unbrella after I level the ground do I put rocks first or sand then pavers

• Celeste Liggett

Everything Bernic H said is correct. But in the south the grass and weeds grow right threw the sand and gravel. So when we level the ground we put garden cloth down. Then the gravel and stone. The water can drain right threw it. But the grasses can’t grow threw it.

• Lorinda Sears

I tried this, and it looked good but-------++ grass started growing up in between the edges of all pavers. It was aweful, trying to keep grass out oaround the pavers, any suggestions?

• Bernice H

Sorry to be a little rebellious..but I have been using vinegar over the years..this time it did not work. So...I just got a small bottle of roundup..I have very few weeds but they were moving the pavers...just a tiny bit of round up solved my problem. I mean just a tiny bit.

i have also understood..newspaper will keep the weeds from coming up. We have plastic bags under one small section..no weeds. 🥴😃