Two Candle Holders Become One Bird Feeder - REPURPOSE!

$4.00

You never know what you'll find at Goodwill - be sure to have a creative imagination when looking through the isles. Combine, paint, re-purpose, and redesign.

Here are two run-of-the-mill candle holders that no one would ever be very interested in buying - it's a great service to your community if you upcycle and/or repurpose those consignment shop, garage sale or Goodwill finds:
The metal candle holder had several different colors, and needed nothing more other than something to "perch" on the bottom end.
A little paint was all this needed to make it fit for a bit of bird seed. It sat nicely in the bottom of the first candle holder.
DH dug out the inside part of the wood candle holder to prep it for bird seed. First he used a hole driller that attached to his cordless drill and then chipped out the wood with a chisel.
Then I painted with Pure & Original to coordinate with the top decorative piece. I was already in the middle of painting my serving cart so it worked well to just grab some paint and paint this too.
After painting the wood candle holder, I stenciled it to bring in the color red, and coated it with Modern Masters outdoor poly. I added extra poly in the bottom hoping to preserve the wood after rain.
FolkArt Home Decor stencils are very affordable, as is the acrylic paint used for the stencil. Before stenciling, I add one coat of poly beforehand so the paint is easily wiped off of the stencil doesn't look just right. Yes, I'm picky. It's not hard to stencil, but sometimes it's just a bit crooked and I want to redo it, especially if the surface is rounded and difficult to tape to like this project.
The two coordinated well and hangs outside for our little bird population to enjoy.
We don't need to go out and spend $40 on a fancy Dan bird feeder. We've priced them for a couple of years now and always walk out of the store empty handed. This is a great was to get something that is one-of-a-kind and affordable. Together the bird feeders only cost $3.

What's in your tree?

To see more tutorials and details on this project, visit Love My DIY Home. We have much to offer - tutorials, how tos, inspiration, free stuff, etc. Come check us out. Thanks for visiting!

• Pure and Original Paint  (Pure and Original Paint Company)
  • Poly topcoat  (Modern Masters)

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}