Steampunk House Address Monogram

$13.00

Who says that you have to have a boring typical house address? Let’s spruce it up with something fun and different like a steampunk monogram.
You’ll need chalk paint, gears and keys, stencils, mosaic tiles, and E6000 glue.
First, I started with this pretty beat up and sad looking letter I found at the store. I wanted to update it and make it look cool. So, I took some chalk paint and coated the entire letter in black.
Then, I painted a light blue over number stencils.
I used E6000 to adhere these gears I found from the jewelry department, and I spaced them out so I’ll have room to plan out the mosaic tiles.
I started to plan out the border, and apply the tiles. Then after I finished the border, I filled in the monogram with tiles.
This took time to do, but the result was very satisfying!
I love how bright it is, but with an edgy steampunk vibe :D

• Gears and Keys  (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
  • E6000 Glue  (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
  • Chalk Paint  (Michael's Arts and Crafts)

3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes

• Cat

Your idea is great! Where did you score the letter? I would prob. try finding a letter that starts our last name.

• DiRoDi

That is sooooo good-looking! The color (greenish blue?) against the warm clay brick is so classy and earthy...very clever! Is it weather-proof? I.E., is the wood/painted letter sealed, protecting it from the elements? My husband and I made an outdoor sign once, with pressure-treated lumber, painted and sealed. It lasted a little more than a year!! So disappointing! I'm an artsy-craftsy ladies with decades and a wide variety of experience behind me but I clearly must have missed/neglected something...wrong paint?...wrong sealer?...so now I don't trust my judgement. (sigh!) Any tips here?

• Shelly

Hi, be sure the adhesive used is for outdoors and is waterproof. Use a good outdoor sealer, as mentioned above. I would place it in a somewhat covered area or you will have to reseal more often.

Weather is very hard on stuff! I may try one using a metal letter, because wood is just harder to keep nice. Again, be sure your adhesive is graded for what you are doing, where it will be and cold or heat.