Staircase Makeover

$20
1 Day

Who knew paint could do this to an old staircase!!!
I am super excited to share this staircase makeover. Living in an old house isn't easy and I feel like every corner needs to be renewed or made-over with a fresh coat of paint. I've seen a lot of ombre stairs on pinterest and knew that some day I wanted something similar in my home.
So I figured I couldn't go wrong with ombre on these stairs . Before starting off with Bonding primer I sanding down my stairs. I would recommend using bonding primer for any floor painting job. I painted my laminate kitchen floor a few years ago with this same stuff and I am super happy with the durability. For a high traffic area it held up really well.
Once the primer has dried and set I started by mixing my colors and worked my way from dark to light.

It’s been a week and I still can’t get enough. I’ll be honest I was afraid I would get sick of the vibrant colors but.. it puts a smile  on my face every time I walk on my new stairs.  One corner done 20 more to go..  Can't wait to match the rest of my craft room.
To SIGN UP for our newsletter click this link and 'Follow' along to be sure you don't miss one!'
----------------------
You can view my recent DIYS here : https://www.lilyardor.com/diy/
----------------------
Thank you for Joining me today.  I hope you liked this DIY.

Lily Oleynik

• Shirley Pesch

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS
  • Norm Duffy

Why do you have to paint everything??wood is warming paint is a cheap cop out!!
    • Mj

I have an old house with crap wood floors and stairs. Carpeted the livingroom, painted the kitchen floor tile design and painted our stairway to make it brighter. My last house had oak and knotty pine everywhere. Gotta wax! Hated it . Never again!!!!

• Jackie johnson

Did you stain the vertices board ?

i know it’s called something else but I can’t think of it.

• Amanda Esterday

I think you did a great job and, if you are happy with it that is all that matters. Please ignore the naysayers because, it is very clean and, cute looking.

• Monique Fritzsche

Simply beautiful. It would bring a smile every time you look at it. Great work. Love the colours.