Jon Peters
Jon Peters
  • Rumson, NJ

How to Make Grass Grow Fast & Fix Bald Spots

$10

Here's a video and simple how-to instructions showing you how to make grass grow fast and fix bald spots in your lawn. It's been working great in my yard for years. The key is to let the seeds germinate in the saw dust or peat moss and to keep watering once spread on the bald spots until the grass takes hold. I use the fine saw dust from the table saw as the base, but peat moss works just as well.
how to make grass grow fast fix bald spots, Step 1 Add saw dust or a bag of peat moss
 Step 1: Add saw dust or a bag of peat moss to a wheelbarrow
how to make grass grow fast fix bald spots
Step 2: Add a 3 lb bag for grass seed to the saw dust
Step 3: Mix seed into saw dust with a shovel and water heavily
Step 4: Cover wheelbarrow with a tarp and seeds germinate for 5-7 days until just sprouted
Step 5: Mix 3 shovels of germinated grass seed mixture with 1/2 wheelbarrow of top soil
Step 6: Spread over the bald spots in the lawn and water regularly
You're finished! Water regularly for until blended into the rest of your lawn. Fertilize after one week.

• Saw Dust or Peat Moss
  • Grass Seed  (Jonathan Green)
  • Top Soil
Jon Peters

• Bes29258192

We live in Southern California and we have not had luck with grass in our back yard. Lots of bald spot and whole side yard has died. We tried sod several times and tried seed two times and still died out. We pretreated for grubs one week prior to planting seeds. I love your idea to pre-germinate seeds. Given our previous experience do you think this is worth trying as it takes a considerable amount of time and expense? When is best month to do this? Thank you! This is a great idea!

• Gigi

Try his technique but spring is when I plant....not to hot or to cold....

• She25018077

Would this work on my husbands bald spot, that apparently are my fault? I am hoping so as I can get rid of his 'devon patch' and cover him up with a tarp for a week! Win Win!

• Barbara West

Hahahahahaha๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š

• Kaye Wade

Live in south, have St. Augustine grass which does not have seeds. How can I get the grass to grow in bald spot?

• Butterfly

I love person, questions always get answered,lol.

I love the husband bald spot question and replies...it made my morning.

Have a great day everyone!

• Margaret R Sarzynski

Whe never I need to see grass, I cover grass seed with the layer of lint from my clothes dryer filter, depending upon how much is needed, then water. Birds can't eat the seed and the grass grows right thru the lint! Throughout the winter I keep the layers of lint, particularly from drying towels, in a plastic bag to be used during spring, etc. I've suggested this to friends and they love the idea.