The Trick to Cleaning Stubborn Grease Off Kitchen Appliances

I didn't realize how nasty the area above my stove was including the microwave and cabinets. They were so full of grease and grime it was disgusting. I spent a whole afternoon trying to clean it with hot soapy water. It worked, but not well. Plus, I had to put a whole bunch of elbow grease into it. A few friends and I started talking and the idea of using baby oil to clean off grease came up. Genius! And guess what? It really did work! Check out the results: http://www.thriftyandchic.com/2013/08/how-to-clean-grease-with-baby-oil.html
This is the before, which was the result of hours of trying to clean off the grease with hot soapy water
This is the result of just a few minutes of rubbing baby oil to take off the grease
All you need is baby oil and a paper towel!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Thrifty and Chic

• NancyW
    NancyW

Would baby oil work on a smooth cooktop, most likely glass or ceramic (it's black, with burner outlines)?
    • Sto9987562
      Sto9987562

Ihave agas stove, under the grids and then under the drip pans, it has gotten so stained! No matter what I do it’s there! Think this vinegar/baking soda trick will work?

• Ree29899845
    Ree29899845

Will baby oil work on wood cabinets?
  • Kelley
    Kelley

I have a marble backsplash and gets very grimey from cooking. What's the best way to remove the grime without ruining the stone.

• Cindy Williams
    Cindy Williams

That’s an awesome idea. I use Baby oil on my stainless steel sink after cleaning it to give it a shine.

• Patti J
    Patti J

I’ve never been happy at the idea of cleaning something especially something coded with grease from months of not being able to get it off. But I am actually looking forward to trying this. If it works I will be so happy and have any incredibly clean kitchen! Thank you for sharing.