Thrifty and Chic
Thrifty and Chic
  • Salt Lake City, UT

The Trick to Cleaning Stubborn Grease Off Kitchen Appliances

I didn't realize how nasty the area above my stove was including the microwave and cabinets. They were so full of grease and grime it was disgusting. I spent a whole afternoon trying to clean it with hot soapy water. It worked, but not well. Plus, I had to put a whole bunch of elbow grease into it. A few friends and I started talking and the idea of using baby oil to clean off grease came up. Genius! And
This is the before, which was the result of hours of trying to clean off the grease with hot soapy water
This is the result of just a few minutes of rubbing baby oil to take off the grease
All you need is baby oil and a paper towel!
Thrifty and Chic

• Trina

Hi, I tried the baby oil trick and I just have one thing to say that is pure genius. Thank you so much I have spent so much money on degreasers that is not funny I just can't believe it it took me 5 minutes to clean my microwave and my stove where it usually takes me at least an hour thank you again Works fantastic on stainless steel and black tops have a blessed day.

• Patti fogg

Baby oil removes the grease that come with a new toilet ring when changing out a toilet.

• NancyMaria

I even purchased a Haan hand/floor steamer to clean the stove top and such, but I am going to try the baby oil tonight on my tile back splash and inside the range hood. Thank you.