From Paper Lantern to Fabulous Decor

$40

Take a simple paper lantern and turn it into this amazing decoration with the addition of faux flowers added to the top.
from paper lantern to fabulous decort
Begin by hanging your paper lantern at a height where you will be able to reach the top of it to make your arrangement.  For this project I used a 24″ lantern.   Your paper lantern will have a hook of some kind in the top to add a light kit to it.  You can wind the electrical cord through that hook, although I prefer to use battery operated lights in my paper lanterns.  Hang your lantern with a chain, string or rope that will support your lantern and the additional weight added by your flowers.
from paper lantern to fabulous decort
For this 24″ lantern I used one half of a block of floral foam.  Use an awl or screwdriver to make a hole through the center of your foam.  To keep the string from cutting into your foam, cut a paper or plastic straw in half and feed a string through the straw. 
from paper lantern to fabulous decort
You will use that rope that comes down through the straw to attach to the hook on your lantern.  
from paper lantern to fabulous decort
Begin  building your floral arrangement on the paper lantern.  It helps to have some flowers that are long that hang down over the roundness of the lantern.  I had some faux wisteria that hung down.  You will have to work all around the lantern to keep the weight balanced as you build your arrangement.  
from paper lantern to fabulous decort
I had these flowers on hand, so this is what I used, but you can use any combination of flowers and color of paper lantern.  Mine looks good for Fall, with jewel tones.
from paper lantern to fabulous decort
What colors will you use to decorate your lantern? 

• Paper Lantern  (Amazon)
  • Silk Flowers  (I had on hand)
  • Floral Foam  (Amazon)
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)