Easy Organizer With Mason Jars and Scrap Wood

$10

We can never have enough organizers! Especially something that uses mason jars! I came up with a fun mason jar idea that not only uses mason jars but also scrap wood! And the best part - it can be made to hole as many jars as you like and used in so many ways to organize so many things!
I decided to use jelly jars instead of mason jars because they were the exact height I wanted. Plus I used a few pieces of square dowels and piece of plywood. Also, I used floral wire (not shown in the picture).
Staple the floral wire across 2 dowel "posts" to create a "fence". I used 3 wires. Make 2 of these for both sides. Then I nailed the posts to the edge of the plywood using my nail gun.
For the shorter sides, I used trim left over from another project and nailed 2 pieces. I also used wood glue.
Paint it and add your mason jars or jelly jars and use it to organize utensils for your party! It works well in any setting - not just outdoor barbecues!
I actually use it as a desk organizer for all my pens and pencils and markers on the modern farmhouse desk that I built.
It makes a great housewarming gift too.
Don't you just love easy projects that also add a lot of function? Check out my collection of easy scrap wood projects. They are perfect for any beginner woodworker too!

• Floral wire  (Joann)
  • Scrap wood  (already had)
  • Jelly Jars  (Michaels)

Anika Gandhi

• Linda Abate

Great idea for family gatherings to keep all utensils in one place.
  • Patricia C

I was inspired by your project and made this little basket with some of the spare wood I seem to accumulate. Thanks for the inspiration.