How To Paint Your Fan

1 Material
$0

Have you ever thought about spray painting your boring old white plastic table fan? I got the idea in my head this week, but when I looked at all the different moving parts, I wasn’t so sure it was a good idea.
how to paint your fan
Of course, I did it anyway, but if it hadn’t worked out, Chris would have been pretty annoyed with me. That’s his beloved bedside fan.
[Psst! Are you looking for even more ways to try and beat the heat?! Check this out!]
how to paint your fan
This is what it originally looked like! First, I unhinged the clips that were holding on the front of the cage and removed the cage.
how to paint your fan
I then unscrewed the cap that was holding on the fan blades, then removed the blades and performed a few more tiny steps like taping, to get my fan ready for paint... Then I got to paintin’!
[Hey! Are you planning on squeezing in one more camping trip before the weather turns?! Check out these amazing Camping Tips, Tricks, and Hacks!]
how to paint your fan
A few light coats later and I had a pretty slick looking fan! I’m pretty sure the light coats are the key to not gumming up the works. I know you’re supposed to do several lights coats whenever you spray paint, but I really don’t. If I can do it in one big goopy coat and get away with it, I will. I was good this time though.

• Paint

CreekLineHouse .

1 comment
  • Sharonnf7

The fan looks so much better. I use fans in the summer it moves the cool air around. Nice job.