Grapevine Ball Topiary~ (with Lights!)

This easy little topiary starts with a humble terra cotta flower pot (you know how much I love terra cotta!)...adding a few natural elements and tiny white lights make this a magical welcome to Spring!
In the spirit of all-things springtime, I made this sweet grapevine ball topiary...
Tiny white fairy lights give this topiary a magical glow when the sun goes down...
I started with a terra cotta pot...because I love terra cotta. Using some watered down paint, and an easy little painting technique, I gave the pot an aged patina.
The lights will come from the grapevine ball through the pot and the cord comes through the hole in the bottom...to make the hole bigger I used a RASP (file-you can get them at your home improvement store)...
Look! Works like a charm!
Look! Works like a charm!
To give the cord a place to sit -so my little pot would sit flush, The Husband helped me file a tunnel the perfect size for the cord.
I added a bit of sheet moss & spanish moss...
And just like that I have a beautiful spring/summer decoration! This would look wonderful on a mantle or on a covered porch...Thanks for having a look friends...more info on All Things Heart and Home! xo

All Things Heart and Home

1 comment