Whimsical Owl Hook Project- Bathroom Primping

$1

I've been trying to decide for the nearly 2 years we've lived here what theme for one of my bathrooms. While shopping last week I found a shower curtain that determined which direction I'd be going....
This was the shower curtain. I found it at the local Meijer store. I love owls and the cheery colors of each one along with the brown branches they sit on. The owls were perfect because I'd just found this owl hook at a yard sale for $1...
So the brown cast iron owl became my project today. I could've left it as is but wanted it to fit more closely with the whimsical feel of the owls in the shower curtain.
Wiping it down with mineral spirits is a good idea before painting it. The paint will stick best on a well cleaned surface like this.
I chose Rust-Oleum 2x Spray paint in the color "Seaside" which is a nice blue almost turquoise type color. It covered easily and didn't cost me anything since I already had it left over from another project. It's about $3.50 per can at the store if you need to purchase it.
After the paint dried thoroughly I used a bit of steel wool to remove some of the paint.
Here you can see how the brown cast iron shows through the blue paint and emphasizes the details of the owl.
I really like this owl painted because it looks good with the shower curtain. I am glad to have finally determined my theme and looking forward to more projects to tie it all together using the owls and their colors.

Rust-Oleum Seaside blue spraypaint

• Carol Cullens

Where did you find the owl hooks? Hardware, crafts store, just lucked out? Not necessarily for owls in particular, but such really nice hook figures in general.

• Swi1965378

Is this for a child's bathroom?