Santa Hat Wreath

$10

Did you know that you can take those garland door hangers from the dollar store and turn them into something beautiful? Well you can, all you need is a little imagination!
Go to the Dollar Tree and look for this door hanger.
Unravel the garland and remove everything off of the frame.
This is how your bare frame should look.
Use 1-2 6 inch rolls of mesh from Dollar Tree or any craft store. Zip tie to the top and start wrapping the hat.
You will need to cut about 3 rolls of 6 inch white mesh about 10 inches long.
Next you will scrunch them into a bow tie.
Gather two of the bow ties and use a half a piece of pipe cleaner to tie them together. You will only need to twist the tie once.
Tie about 15 - 18 of these sets on to the brim of the hat. I used the center bar. Be careful because this is plastic. You just need to twist it on there a few times.
Take some yarn and wrap it around your hands. You will need to do this about 100 times. Remove from your hands and tie a long piece of yarn in the center. Cut your loops and shape the pom-pom. I take a teasing brush and brush the pom-pom to give it a fluffy shape.
Tie the pom-pom to the top of your hat. Add a bit of glue on the red mesh to hold the pom-pom right where you want it to stay.
Add your favorite bow and hang that beautiful wreath on your door. This wreath is also perfect for nursing homes or small apartment doors.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk

• Yolanda

Can this be hung on an exterior door? If so how do you keep it from fading?

• Darlene Therrien

I saw were you can use scotchgard, it's supposed to help protect it from the weather and sun.i can't remember what site I saw this from sorry.

• Cindy Manis Raymer

I need to find the hat so I don’t know if I can make it because I can’t find the hat?

• Sheryl Medley

Where do they sell this plastic wreath, other than dollar store?

• Patti Thorpe

You have to keep looking I went to 4 Dollar Trees before I found them so I grabbed 2. They also sell the pumpkin wreaths but sell out as soon as they get them I did grab 2 Hobby Lobby sell them but they are 5.99 for the exact same thing at Dollar Tree! I haven’t seen the witches hat at HL in fact they don’t even have any Halloween stuff but they have had Christmas stuff out since July!😳🥴 Happy Hunting!