Santa Hat Wreath

$10

Did you know that you can take those garland door hangers from the dollar store and turn them into something beautiful? Well you can, all you need is a little imagination!
santa hat
Go to the Dollar Tree and look for this door hanger.
santa hat
Unravel the garland and remove everything off of the frame.
santa hat
This is how your bare frame should look.
santa hat
Use 1-2 6 inch rolls of mesh from Dollar Tree or any craft store. Zip tie to the top and start wrapping the hat.
santa hat
You will need to cut about 3 rolls of 6 inch white mesh about 10 inches long.
santa hat
Next you will scrunch them into a bow tie.
santa hat
Gather two of the bow ties and use a half a piece of pipe cleaner to tie them together. You will only need to twist the tie once.
santa hat
Tie about 15 - 18 of these sets on to the brim of the hat. I used the center bar. Be careful because this is plastic. You just need to twist it on there a few times.
santa hat
Take some yarn and wrap it around your hands. You will need to do this about 100 times. Remove from your hands and tie a long piece of yarn in the center. Cut your loops and shape the pom-pom. I take a teasing brush and brush the pom-pom to give it a fluffy shape.
santa hat
Tie the pom-pom to the top of your hat. Add a bit of glue on the red mesh to hold the pom-pom right where you want it to stay.
santa hat
Add your favorite bow and hang that beautiful wreath on your door. This wreath is also perfect for nursing homes or small apartment doors.

• Nan20746329

where do you buy the form? I've looked on several wreath sites but couldn't find it.

• Sandra

Dollar tree store and if they don’t have them there, you can order them on the dollar tree website. It comes wrapped in that black shimmery streamer

• Yolanda

Can this be hung on an exterior door? If so how do you keep it from fading?

• Darlene Therrien

I saw were you can use scotchgard, it's supposed to help protect it from the weather and sun.i can't remember what site I saw this from sorry.

• Cindy Manis Raymer

I need to find the hat so I don’t know if I can make it because I can’t find the hat?

• Deanna Bingham

It's late now, but around 1st part of September, the Dollar Tree sells these hats for Halloween. If you find them, better stock up for making some cute Santa Hats for Christmas.

• Lynette

Will be making mine soon already bought the items from dollar tree except for the form which I found on eBay

• Lynette

I put witch hat in and they came up . Hope that helps