Jennifer Schreiner
Jennifer Schreiner
  • Clifton Park, NY

Remove Grease From Kitchen Cabinets

$1

I want to shout from the hilltops of my kitchen and say “Ladies & Gentlemen, I have done it!!! I have learned how to clean kitchen cabinets and have even degreased my kitchen cabinets in the fastest way possible!” Now I know you are thinking I am crazy, but cleanliness is one of my pet peeves. I love to sit back and feel comfortable in my home knowing that I have a clean house.

remove grease from kitchen cabinets
Last night, I got into one of my nesting modes and decided I was tired of looking at the decor on the tops of my kitchen counter tops. I know….we often get tired of looking at the same ole same ole. with that said, I started pulling down all my vases, flowers, etc.  I have never been so grossed out.  That led me to learning how to clean kitchen cabinets to degrease them naturally!
remove grease from kitchen cabinets
You are going to want to run to the store or your pantry and pull out these two ingredients.

Supplies Needed To Degrease Your Kitchen Cabinets:
1/2 cup  Borax
1 cup Distilled Vinegar
1 Gallon of Very Hot Water

In order to make this process work you are going to need roughly 1 gallon of hot water. Mix the amounts as listed above until completely dissolved. Then get started on cleaning your cabinets. Seriously! What are you waiting for? Go get started now
remove grease from kitchen cabinets
NOW are you ready to Shout out to the WORLD “Check out my clean cabinets” I want to hear about how much you loved this all natural degreaser.
remove grease from kitchen cabinets
And of course, I have to show you how filthy my dirty water became. Check out that dish cloth. It is one of my favorites. My grandmother crochets  wash clothes. I look forward to Christmas when I get a few more of her creations.

When you know you have a lot of grease and dirt build up in your kitchen, this is a great method for how to clean kitchen cabinets and degrease them in a safe all natural way.

To View More Related  Frugal Living Posts From Jen

Jennifer Schreiner

• What about on walls for prepping for painting ?.
    Do you think it would work ?.

• Jennifer Schreiner

Absolutely... As it removes most if not all the grease.. which you need prior to sanding your cabinets for painting. You can't skipping sanding.

• Merri Berg

Looks like you just cleaned the top of the cabinet. What about the whole cabinet?

• Debi

From the picture it looked as if you did the top of cabinet.....I need to clean cabinet front s. Will this work on this and not mess up the finish ?

• Jennifer Schreiner

Yes. it will work for both. I originally only did my tops, but I have sense done both and have had lots of my readers come back on my blog with great comments about cleaning the fronts as well.

• Jacy Rudolchick

Whoa.... where has this hidden recipe been all my life?! I had the most disgusting top of cabinets imaginable. To help the process, I just laid wet cleaning rags on the tops of the cabinets as I cleaned the insides. What a help that was! I will not be using any other degreaser products going forward. I didn't even wear gloves and my hands were in great condition after 2 hours of cleaning with this solution.

• Jennifer Schreiner

WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! See this is just AMAZING!! Thank you for coming back and letting us know how well it worked. I too will never be going back to another cleaning mixture... This one is such a rockstar..

• Deb26166256

Jennifer schreiner....thank you much I will try and let you know how well it done.