Scrap Wood Holiday Trees

$0

Over the course of a year, the scrap wood in my project studio really piles up. I love saving the bits and pieces to use to make homemade decor during the holidays.
I started this project by accident as I was sorting my spare boards and realized the corner edge of a large piece of plywood on top of a longer 1x4 board looked like a tree! And so the scrap wood holiday tree was born. :) (Or built, I should say)
I cut the boards down to random sizes and angled the corners. I also painted them using different shades of green paint and some stain I mixed up with glaze. Every few 'branches' has a sheen - and it's lovely
The last step was to affix the 'branches' to the trunk of my tree using a heavy duty glue gun (linked below). I LOVE this glue gun for craft projects like this. It is the best tool between a cheap crafting glue gun and a brad nailer. It uses strong glue and heats up quickly - so it's ideal for projects like these trees that hang vertically on the wall.
I love how these look against my navy blue wall. It's a modern take on wintery decor! (And it used up scrap materials)
If you like this project, check out my Christmas BELIEVE BOX and My newly painted Living Room Wall :)

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
DIY Passion