Don't Be a Prick! DIY Felt Cactus Christmas Tree Ornaments

$10

As a newbie to Arizona, it took me a long time (like a decade) to fully accept living among cacti, crazy summertime heat and rocky front yards instead of green grass. But now a good 12 years in as an Arizonan, I've come to enjoy most things desert like the iconic sahuaro cactus. Did you know they look pretty cute when decked out for the holidays? Save yourself from a few thorns with an easy DIY felt cactus Christmas tree ornament!
Use paper template to cut cactus from felt
Use a paper sahuaro cactus template on my website to cut TWO cacti from some green felt. This is a great way to use up any fabric scraps you may have!
Cut two cacti from felt fabric.
Cut a small piece of ribbon. Loop it and adhere it to the inside of one of the cacti you just cut out. I used a hot glue gun but any craft or fabric glue would work just as well.
Add felt ornaments, embroidery thread garland
Glue the second felt cacti on top of the first felt cacti. Cut small round ornaments from other felt fabric bits and pieces for a pop of color! If desired, use embroidery thread to create a garland. This is easiest done prior to gluing on the felt ornaments. See the final felt cactus Christmas tree ornaments here. For another easy felt project, visit my Snowman Hair Barrette project. Perfect for little (and big) girls all winter-long!

Arizona Craft Mom