A Rod & 2 Braces but Not for Clothes

$0

Closet top shelves not deep enough & too little room above to store thick winter blankets & quilts. What to do? Need them handy for cold nights.
I mounted the brackets & rod under shirts & pants. Not enough room between rod & floor for clothes, but need to use space for good purpose.

I folded & Stacked blankets & quilts to hang on rod.
They're now hanging on rod ready to use on those cold winter nights.

No new materials bought, all were repurposed

18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames

• Beach bunny

I’m going to tuck this away when I take everything out of my closet. It’s a wonderful idea. Maybe other bulky items, too. Oh and what about hanging throw pillows on a skirt hanger? My mind is a churning. Thanks
    • Gail

I hadn't thought about throw pillows on skirt hangers, but why not? Would be great way to keep throw pillow covers for quick decor changes too instead of a gazillion pillows for different colors. Pull on a pillow cover for a fresh look & store rest with those skirt hangers. Thanks for your suggestion!

• Hhh29972726

I've been hanging my tablecloths on heavy-duty coat hangers so they could be stored in a closet with a minimum of folds. Wouldn't work for blankets and quilts, though, so yours is an excellent idea!!
  • Gail

Thank you! With a disabled husband whose blankets & quilts must be changed very often & laundered, this has been a huge help to me to keep them from getting stacked up as they're done.