Reusable Disinfectant Wipes Made From Old T-Shirts

Not sure what to do with all those old t-shirts? Want to save money AND green your clean? These homemade disinfectant wipes (made out of old t-shirts!) are my latest obsession and take just seconds to make. Keep a jar in each bathroom for quick wipe-downs, and when you're done just wash and re-use! You'll keep disposable wipes out of landfills, and at less than $0.50/jar you'll keep some green in your pocket, too!clean
Homemade Disinfectant Wipes:
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. vinegar
6 drops of lemon essential oil
6 drops of tea tree essential oil
Old t-shirts, cut up into wipe-sized rags
Container (I used a quart-sized canning jar)
Stuff t-shirt rags in jar. Mix water, vinegar and essential oils together. Pour over rags in the jar. Screw on lid and shake to moisten.
All the supplies you need to make your own all-natural, money-saving cleaning supplies! Vinegar is an all-natural cleaning and disinfecting powerhouse. It wipes out mold and soap scum, and inhibits the growth of mold, mildew, E. coli and salmonella – all for pennies!
Lemon and tea tree oils are great for killing germs, although I did read some information about tea tree oil being toxic to cats (which we don’t have) so please do your own research to decide which essential oils are a fit for your family’s cleaning needs. (Thyme essential oil would have been my second choice, fyi. Lavender and peppermint also sounded like excellent options.)

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
15 Perfectly Round Tables
All Things G&D

• Nancy Rosenberg
    Nancy Rosenberg

Where can I find the oils?

• Jerri
      Jerri

If you are interested in PURE essential oils with no fillers or byproducts check out DOTERRA.com. It is also a valuable tool for explaining each oil and what they do and how to use them for each specific issue.

• L W F
    L W F

Do you wash and recycle the cloths or do you just toss them?

• Jamie
    Jamie

I have a cat, where can I get Tymne oil.

Or is Lavender oil, just as good as tea tree?

i already have a lot of lemon and lavender oils!!

• Lisa Sinclair
      Lisa Sinclair

Lavender oil is a disinfectant, but if you google it,disinfectant essential oil, you'll get all kinds of information! Good Luck!