Ahoy, Fellow Hometalkers

$20

For this week' s Rope & Twine Challenge, I simply had to get as far away from seasonal decor as possible. So I thought to myself, "Gloria, why not go nautical?" So With a 1/2 diameter cotton rope and a flat wreath form, my project began to take shape. I had a plethora of supplies and no shortage of ideas, so my only problem was which project to try.
With my trusty glue gun, I began to secure the rope around the periphery of the circular form. Since this would be used as a door wreath, I had to make sure the rope was well anchored. (Pun intended). Around and around she goes.
The rope was easy to work with, both kind and forgiving.
Living less than fifteen miles from the Gulf of Mexico, I have amassed a wide variety of beautiful shells, and other items from the Atlantic Ocean. There! My next step. Add shells.
After securing the shells in a balanced arrangement, I used a piece of rope to make an attractive hanger.
Ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, I present my "Rope and Twine Challenge." Remember, "Life is not about waiting for the wind to change, it is about learning to adjust your sails." Unknown. Peace be unto you.

Flat 18 inch diameter wreath form

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes

• Leslie
    Leslie

Gloria this came out very very nicely. I have one question about the form. Did you make it from wood or MDF? Hometalk put up a link for a wire form but yours seems to be made by you and if not where did you get it. Thanks for taking the time to answer :)
    • Leslie
      Leslie

Thank you Webracing99. I will check them out but most likely make my own forms from thin plywood or MDF :)
  • Fra21599285
    Fra21599285

Did you wrap continuously or did you cut & glue each circle of rope as you covered the form?

• Bobbi Convery
    Bobbi Convery

This is such a pretty way to use rope. Thank you for the great idea - it would be perfect in my house.
  • Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

Love this! Now if I can get my husband, the wannabe sailor and fancy knot tier,to make the hanger...
    • Tallahassee Girl
      Tallahassee Girl

Hi, that is a great idea, Perhaps as a post, he could do a tutorial on how to tie a monkey fist knot. I would love to learn how to make one.