Twine Turned Treasure Container

$5

One of my holiday gifts was a tin container of Ikea cookies. Cookies were quickly consumed but you can never have enough tins for storing things. However, I believe they deserve a facelift for their storage role.
Cookies Yesterday/Treasure Container Tomorrow
Here’s the cookie tin ready for its transformation. Did someone say twine?
Twine, Hot Glue Gun & Cedar Rings
Located my roll of twine and hot glue gun. Over the weekend, I replaced my cedar rings that I use in my closets with new ones. The old ones were perfect for the artsy component of my project.
Twine & Cedar Flowers
A dab of hot glue was placed on the back of a cedar ring and then with a paper clip, I threaded the twine around the ring.
First Flower Completed
Twine was wrapped until it covered most of the ring.
Circular Pattern
I decided that 2 patterns on the cedar rings would make it more interesting. A dab of glue and then wrapped it in a circular pattern adding more glue along the way.
Tin Twine Time
Now it was the tin’s turn to be wrapped in twine. Once again, a dab of hot glue and twine wrapped around the bottom of tin.
Top of Tin
An old piece of surplus contact paper was cut to cover the top and twine wrapped around the rim of the top.
Twine Flowers Start Blooming
I placed the twined cedar rings in a pattern on the lid top and hot glued them in place.
Embellishments
Off to my spare finial / knob box for embellishment pieces for flower centers which were hot glued into place.
Tin Top Art
With everything in place & glued on the top, the artsy effect makes it perfect for visual storage.
Ready to Fill
Project completed. Now I just have to decide what treasures will get a new home. I’m leaning toward a sewing or button box but it might house bracelets or hair accessories.

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home