How to Make a Simple DIY Wood Slice Wall Hook

$20

Wood slice everything is so trendy right now. I have a simple DIY to help you add it to your decor!
Like a lot of people, I am loving wood slice everything right now. So, I wanted to figure out how to add it to my home decor. Luckily, I came up with a couple of ways to add this cute trend to my home. Today, I’m sharing how to make a simple DIY wood slice wall hook with you. And it turned out so pretty, right?!
I love the way this wood slice wall hook just pops off my kitchen wall and draws your eye to those fun aprons. Wood is just such a great warming, cozy element to decorate with right now. It just grounds a room and gives it such appeal. At least, I think so. How about you?
A couple of weeks ago, I made this super cute and easy DIY Red Truck Christmas Centerpiece with a wood slice. That DIY has been pretty popular. I hope you’ll check it out too.
how to make a simple diy wood slice wall hook
Getting the supplies ready.
First, I applied 2 coats of Minwax Polycrylic to just the front of the wall hook. I left the bark edge alone.
Next, I am using 2 hooks. So, I marked 2 spots before drilling. Use a straight-edge ruler to make them level and evenly spaced from the edge.
I pre-drilled the screw holes to prevent any cracking in the wood.
Optional: With the type of hook that hangs from a screw, I use a light dab of Elmer's School Glue to hold it in place. If I skip this step, my little guys will shake items on the hook until they loosen up and fall off.
I use this type of glue because it's strong enough to hold it in place, but I can still pop it off later when I want to change things.
I just used a normal sawtooth hanger to hang this on the wall.
Another optional tip: I used a 3M Velcro strip to hold this flat against the wall too. Same reason as above...my little guys like to try to shake things down from wall hooks. :)
I love those birds and the wood slice together. So cute!
I have some suggestions for cute wall hooks on my site, if you need help finding some.

Stephanie Abbott

• Susan Ricotta

What kind of hooks did you use to hang the wood to the wall. I'm confused on how its staying on the wall. I know you mentioned Velcro
    • Stephanie Abbott

I just used a normal sawtooth hanger (picture hanger with teeth). Then the velcro Command strip to keep my boys from shaking the wood slice off the wall. They pull pretty hard on the aprons. :)