The DIY Playbook
The DIY Playbook
  • Chicago, IL

How to Clean Dirty Bathroom Grout for Less Than $10

$10

Someday we would love to remodel our bathroom, but for now I've just been making small changes to improve the look and feel of this space. And there was one thing in there that was driving me crazy..the dirty floor grout.

Because of the heavy foot traffic in the main bathroom, the grout between the floor tiles was looking brown and dingy instead of bright & white. Luckily, I came up with a plan to change that for less than $10.

For the full tutorial, check out this blog post.
how to clean dirty bathroom grout for less than 10
Here's the dingy looking floor grout before I got started.
The first thing I did was give the floor a really good clean with water and vinegar. I even used a scrub brush to really get the grout lines good.
Then I used some grout renew to slowly and patiently "paint" all of the grout lines. I went with the color "snow white", but there are lots of colors to choose from to get your desired look in your space.

I tried a few different tools when painting on the grout renew, but ended up using a craft paint brush to really get the lines painted well.
It took me a couple hours to get the entire bathroom done and I am thrilled with the results. My once dingy grout is now bright white again!

For more details on this project, and tips to renew your own grout, check out this blog post.
The DIY Playbook

• Rita

I where do you purchase “grout renew”.
    • The DIY Playbook

All the details are in the blog post (including direct links to the products)! But basically any hardware store or even on Amazon.
  • Glo32453289

How long does the clean grout last? How frequently does this need to be done?
    • The DIY Playbook

I did this over 2 years ago and it still looks good! I'm sure you could touch up in spots if they needed it!