DIY Pallet Frame Bed

$200

Pallets are the perfect material for DIY projects. They are cheap, available, and simple to mount, which is precisely why I want to share a couple of easy steps for making your own pallet bed frame. Personally, I skipped some of the steps along the way because I found some healthy and undamaged pallets suitable for my “vision”, but I will provide full instructions to guide you. It will certainly serve as an inspiration. The best part about this is that stacking a pallet bed gives you a lot of options. You can make a unique piece of furniture that can also free up space and open up your room. So, let’s dig into the basic requirements.
The first thing you need to do is to gather materials. Since pallets are mostly used for storing and transporting goods, you can look for free or low-cost pallets at your local small businesses. They are often willing to sell or give away this material because they lack resources to recycle it. In some cases, they just throw them away.
Now it’s time to prep, clean, and grind pallets. Because I already bought pallets that were in good condition, I just did a little refurbishing and applied a fresh coat of paint. The color is something you need to think about as well.  
Tip: If you want the pallet bed to be slightly lifted above the floor, you can double stack the pallets or cut out a piece of the beam and attach it to the rear end of the pallet bed frame. Also, you can apply self-adhesive or other materials to protect the floor from scratches and damage.
Once you stack the pallets up in the order you imagined, assemble the structure. Be sure your construction is even and that it suits the mattress you are planning to use.

You don't have to additionally support the frame with screws, nails, and hinges like I did, because once you put the pallets in place you are good to go and place a mattress. But if you prefer this method, here is some additional reading material to help you do it correctly.

Good luck and have fun!  

Montage Signature Interior/Exterior Eco-Friendly Paint, Snow White -...

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Marija Milunovic

• Beverly Johnson

That's a pretty col idea. But if you have spinal stenosis like I do, it would be hard to get down that low. Is it safe to maybe make it 2-3 pallets high?
    • Maria Peters

Ms. Johnson, If your bed id a full . You will need 4 pallets 9 blocks. 3 at top 3 in middle and 3 at foot. Will work fine. You can get the pallets any where,But go to home depot get the blocks there. I paid 9 bucks to make my frame. Good Luck and sleep well.

• Kelli

What size pallets did you use?

• Pamela Powell

How many would u need for full size bed. Love it nice job