Updated Glass End Tables

$50

I was tired of the clear glass tops to these tables. So I did what any crafter does, I updated them.
I started off by cleaning the glass pieces.
These are the colors I used. I used a mix of acrylic paint and Unicorn spit.
Then I cut up some plastic bags to use as a drop cloth for my painting.
Now it’s time to play. I just randomly squirted the colors. I added antique gold to match the table.
Then what you do is, cover the paint with bags and spread the paint all around.
After you remove the plastic, you'll see a beautiful marble technique and now we have the painted glass.
Then let it fully dry
I let it dry for 24 hours
Next I sprayed with copper spray paint to cover all the areas the paint didn’t touch. Then a coat of clear polyurethane
Then we have our new tables. I hope you enjoyed this.

• Constance Y Green

What is Unicorn spit?

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

Unicorn spit is a waterbased gel stain. It can be used as a stain or a paint. Has a great smell and it is safe to use indoors. Go to YouTube.com and look up great tutorials on how it is used.

• Carolyn Klein

I seem to be missing something. Are you working on the underneath side of the glass? That is all I coud figure out with the final coating of the copper spray. It is gorgeous!

• Teresa Lavender

I love this! I have a question about removing the glass. I have a side table with an embedded glass on the top. I can't figure out how to remove it. How did you remove yours?

• Teresa Lavender

Here is an image. It has a slide out piece. I pulled it out. There is a piece of wood under the glass that has been painted black I guess - actually it feels like particle board.

• Christine Ann

Cool! I've been wondering what to do with a glass top stand on my patio! Thanks for sharing. Would I have to use the Unicorn Spit I wonder?

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

I used unicorn spit. But you could try acrylic paints. If you don’t like it just wash it off the glass and start over. 😀

• Marcia

Love, love, love this!! I have a red front door and am going to make a coordinating table. Thanks for sharing this .