Spring Home Decor The EASIEST Way! - How To Make Felt Flowers

$5

This easy felt flower tutorial that can be used for making a beautiful spring centerpiece, but also as decoration for headbands, magnets, wreaths and more! This is just one of the step-by-step instructions at for making adorable home decor out of felt at my blog, AppleGreen Cottage. This one might be the easiest (and certainly is one of the cutest). Check it out!
 There are many ways to make felt flowers, but this time, I'd like to show you the EASIEST and QUICKEST method. 
These are the materials I gathered. Finally, I could use up at least one of the old CDs I never ever use again! (CD recycling ideas, anyone?) Cut out a circle. If you need a different size of flowers, use a small bowl as a template.

Then I cut out a stripe out of the circle, starting at the outer rim. Then I rolled the strip, starting at the outer portion. (Find out on the blog why I never start rolling the felt from the inside end! And a few other practical tips.)

Starting at the point where I finished rolling your strip, I pushed the needle through all the layers of felt. See the cap that's left after rolling? Don't cut it off, but rather keep it. It's very handy: stitch it to the bottom and you have a nice finish. As an option, you can add leaves.

To add elegant, wavy and three-dimensional effect on leaves, check out my tutorial at

Rolled flowers are among the easiest decorations you can make out of felt scraps really quickly.

For full instructions, check out my blog post linked below.

Damjana